Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last post of the Year!

I have finished baking the muffins for tomorrow morning. We are going to a friend's house in about two hours. We're going to be eating sushi and watching movies (who knows what else). I decided I would make muffins for us and them for tomorrow morning. I made 3 different kinds - blackberry, honey bran, and strawberry cheesecake. I made a dozen of each kind and half of each will be staying at our house while the other half will be going to our friends and their two kids.

I am ready to start the healthier lifestyle choices tomorrow. Even the muffins won't really hurt me because they are made with skim milk (the only kind in our house) instead of whole. As long as I eat no more than 3 of these little things and put no butter on them, the calories are no problem.

I made a little chart for myself so I can keep track of the food groups I should be eating each day along with the exercise I want to do. I even have room for exercise up to 100 sit ups, 100 crunches, and 40 minutes on the eliptical (EVERY day). I know I won't start out there, but that is where I'd like to end up. I forgot to add the push ups, but I can write that in the bottom. I want to do as many push ups as I do sit ups and crunches (100). Doing those exercises should really help me on my trouble spots (hips, stomach, arms) and the eliptical will help with my thighs and butt as well as arms and stomach. Looking forward to it.

I really want 2006 to be the last year that I am overweight and unhappy in my body. I've been working for the past few years on my inner self and problems with family, so 2007 is the year I work on the outside. Please keep me in your thoughts while I work on this. I will keep you posted (I may just go ahead and write down the things that I will be emailing J each day - how I did on my eating and exercise goals). Sorry, but I am not going to tell you my starting weight, but I will tell you that I want to lose 50 pounds.

Wish me luck. Please have a Happy New Year and a safe New Year's Eve and do NOT drink and drive. I'd miss you.

3 comments:

SymplyAmused said...

I wish you all the luck. I need to be as motivated as you are!!!

Brighton said...

Good luck!! Happy 2007 ; )

A Mad Man said...

Happy New Year Kari