Thursday, December 07, 2006

WooHoo...Got Snow

Got a little snow today. It didn't stick, but it is cold as heck outside right now. It's about 34 degrees F.

Okay, so I watched Dr. Phil earlier this week. It was ask Dr. Phil and Robin. I love when they are together on the show. I don't watch him every day because he's up against Charmed which is one of my favorite shows. Anyway, one girl asked the question regarding her boyfriend being more romantic. Dr. Phil said that she needs to let her boyfriend know what her currency is. Dr. Phil said Robin's currency was food. He would buy her 2 donuts at the end of their dates when she had to work the next day. One for her to eat right then and one for breakfast in the morning - he didn't get any donuts for himself, this was all for her. It wasn't anything real expensive, but it touched her and was romantic to her. She also said he used to bring her 1 rose.

Hubby used to bring me 1 rose or flowers once in a while. I loved it. Just the one rose is perfect because it lets you know that you're being thought of. Personally, I don't like red roses - they are over done and don't mean as much as those of other colors. Red doesn't mean what it used to anymore.

I'd have to say that my language is See's Candy. They are a company based in California, but you can order online at sees.com. This is my absolute favorite candy. I even like them better than Godiva chocolates. I've tried them both and See's has much more flavor to me. See's truffles are to die for. They are the best! I have a box of my favorites on its way to me at this moment. I asked Hubby if I could order a box. He said yes, but he also asked - Do you really want them now? I know what he's thinking...I've been saying I need to lose weight and See's is not the way to do it. yeah, yeah, yeah...but...doesn't he know that sometimes you just need to feel "special" and this candy is the way for me. So, I guess See's is my currency. You want me to feel special, buy me See's candy. I've never had anything from them that I do not like. See's, You ROCK!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

See's Candy is my life. There is a See's store near my office. They give you a sample as soon as you walk through the door, even before you buy something. I usually buy something. My husband is a worse choco addict than me. Once I got a box of See's as a gift. It was wrapped. I slit around the bottom so you could get the top off but it still looked like the box was unopened. I ate almost half the box by myself before he figured it out and I had to share.

Kari said...

LOL. I read this to H and we both think this is exactly something I would do. :-)

I miss living close to a See's. Iforgot about the free samples they give at the door. It's been over 15 years since I've lived anywhere near a See's, but they are the best chocolate a person could ask for.