Sunday, December 10, 2006

Interesting...

What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Literate Good Citizen

You read to inform or entertain yourself, but you're not nerdy about it. You've read most major classics (in school) and you have a favorite genre or two.

Dedicated Reader
Book Snob
Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm
Fad Reader
Non-Reader
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Create Your Own Quiz


Nothing to report or talk about at the moment...never mind...I just remembered something. H and I decided that we were going to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy last night (yes we own it). At the end, once Frodo has returned, he talks about how he can't go back to the way he was and that he can't see things the way he used to see them because his eyes are now open. He's seen too many things and done too many things that have impacted his life and way of thinking to keep those things from influencing the rest of his life. After hearing this monologue, I turned to H and said, "That's what I've been doing isn't it?" I've been holding on to a past that wasn't all that good to begin with.

My eyes are now open to my past, and the things I was trying to hold on to and realized that they never really existed in the first place. I can't go back to the person I once was and I wouldn't want to. I'm happy with the person that I am even though it meant I had to go through a lot of sadness, loneliness, self-loathing and depression to get there. It was a hard journey, but after coming through to this side, I am ecstatic about the person I have become and am continuing to be. I know that my journey will never be completely over, but now I look to the future with hope instead of fear.

Thanks to all my new visitors. I appreciate the time you take out of your day to read what might be coming out of my head. One great thing about this blog...I started it so other people (probably in the future - how I was thinking anyway) would know that they aren't alone going through problems closely related to my own. Instead, I have found that I am not alone and that others are going through the same things I am or they have gone through them in their past. I always felt so alone. I felt that no one knew or understood what I was going through.

By finding all of you here, I have found a support group that I never knew existed. I always had H and Grandma in my court, but never knew that anyone else had gone through these situations. Thanks so much just for being there and for allowing me to spend a little time in your day getting things off my chest and figuring things out. I appreciate it. a LOT!

1 comment:

an9ie said...

It's hard to let go of the baggage. I think I've still got a few suitcases to offload :) But the good news is every year you can look back and hopefully see how much you've grown since then.