Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Today

Today, I did online Christmas shopping for my family and Hubby's family. Since I don't have a job, things are pretty tight at the moment. We would have loved to have done more, but we are concentrating mostly on the kids this year.

I've now sent out all the Christmas cards except the one to my parents, but they won't be in town until a few days before Christmas, so I'm still good on that score.

Kind of down and tired today (just a little). I need to get the house in order and organized. Grant it, I've been home for a couple months and have yet to really do any of the things I've wanted to do. I'm hoping that this funk will pass so I can get busy doing the things I want and need to do.

Next week, I will be going to my first ABLEs meeting. I haven't told you about that yet, have I? I was asked by a friend if I would join the Board of ABLEs. ABLEs is an organization for kids with disabilities in Middle TN. It's to show that these children and adults are also ABLE to do things that others can do. I was asked because they wanted someone younger on the board to help them come up with ideas for the ABLEs to do as fundraisers or for ways to get contributions. I have a couple of ideas and can't wait to see what the meeting is like next Thursday. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: