Saturday, December 09, 2006

Today's news

So...since I have made a conscious effort to not let my family get to me and to no longer shed a tear over them, I have actually not been eating emotionally this week. I have lost 5 pounds this week. That's amazing to me.

We went to see K today. He is such a sweetie. They have a massage unit you put into a chair and it does either shiatsu or roller massage up and down your whole spine. I love it! I was using it today and K came and sat on the window ledge eating the dust flakes as they moved about in the snow. It was hilarious (and a bit gross), but he's not even 4 yet, so I guess it's ok. Good thing he's cute.

I think each woman needs to find her "signature scent" and by that I mean a perfume that she feels good wearing. One that she looks forward to wearing and chooses to wear that instead of any other fragrance. I found mine earlier this year thanks to a friend in Vegas. That scent for me is Calvin Klein's Euphoria. I absolutely love this fragrance (all of its notes smell good, not just to me, but also on me). I put some on yesterday when I went to meet H for lunch. I put it on around 11:15a.m. and when I went to bed at midnight, I could still smell it. Actually, I could smell it faintly on me just an hour ago. That's a long time for a fragrance to last. I absolutely love this stuff. I am almost finished with this bottle, so I really need to get another. Thankfully, I got the first one from my friend. Now I need to buy the next one.

We each got $100 from my parents for Christmas. We were going to take that money and purchase an elliptical trainer with it spending what we needed for its purchase as our Christmas to each other. At my in-laws today, we mentioned that we wanted to go take a look at a few (we've done some comparison shopping online and wanted to check them out). Come to find out, they have one in their basement that they never use and bought brand new a few years ago. It has only been used a few times, so we tried it out and we are bringing it home tomorrow.

Now that we've saved that money from purchasing the machine, I am going to buy my perfume as my gift from Bob and we're going to put the money from the folks toward one of our 2 credit cards. We really need to get those paid off. I guess now, I have shopping to do for Bob unless he wants to use some money to purchase something he's been thinking about. I can't think of anything he's mentioned recently. I'll have to figure this out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weightloss! I love Euphoria as well!

an9ie said...

So glad you're on the up and up! :)

I can't make up my mind what fragrances I like, I know the type (i.e. green, citrus-y), but certainly can't narrow it down to anything specific. Lucky you!

Kari said...

an9ie, I know what it's like to look for your signature fragrance for a while without finding exactly what it is you're looking for. See this link (it's when I first found Euphoria and mentions that it took me a few years to find the right fragrance and why it took me that long).

http://piece4kari.blogspot.com/2006/04/euphoria.html

Euphoria is perfect for me. I love each note. Take your time finding your fragrance. In the end, you will be glad you did.