Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Lots of things to say

1. Christmas was...well, strange in a way this year. We had no Christmas turkey or ham. Actually, we had Thai food (which is always good), but part of the family wasn't there. H's parents left around 11 and opened their restaurant to see if they would get any eaters yesterday. They were planning on staying for an hour, but they must have had people because they were there over 4 hours before we left the house. I think next year, I'm gonna have to make Christmas dinner myself (at their house of course). One thing about this year was that it showed me it doesn't really matter what you eat - it matters who you are with. I just missed having the traditional dinner and I missed his parents not being there.

2. They have a family staying with them. This family just had a baby a month ago. Like K, she does best with me somehow than with anyone else. I guess I just have a way with babies (too bad I'll never have one of my own). She is so good around me, and I can put her in any sitting or laying position without her pitching a fit. With everyone else, they have to hold her a certain way or she was off on a crying fit. Even her parents had a hard time putting her to sleep, yet all I had to do was hold her and hum Brahm's Lullaby and she would go right to sleep. K was the same way. I love that babies feel so safe with me.

3. K was just adorable. The other day when we were at the restaurant with him, I shook my butt at him. He thought I was dancing and absolutely loved it. Yesterday, he came up to me and showed me the dance (he didn't have his butt pointing in my direction like I did, so I know he didn't really understand what I was doing). It was so cute. His grandparents told us that he is showing his "dance" to everyone. This cracks me up. He still copies everything I say and do so much more than he does with anyone else. He loved all his toys yesterday. We got him a stocking and filled it with emergency vehicles, a pack of gum, an orange, and an apple. He had a blast. He never had a stocking before, but he also never really understood what was going on before like he was this year. He'll be four next week.

4. I am big on Christmas. I never really realized that before. I was the first one up yesterday. I got H up (not that we really slept much). Dickens doesn't sleep when we're not in our house. He barks all night long. So, H and I were up, and I was afraid we were going to miss K coming down and seeing the tree. I didn't want to miss anything. H and I got up and woke up K and grandma (everyone else was awake - if not out of bed).

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Here's looking to a brand New Year.

1 comment:

angela said...

we had a two year old visitor this year and he too was adorable. Having a little one around seems to make Christmas more Christmassy somehow.
Angela