Thursday, December 28, 2006

Interesting

So, after posting yesterday what I plan on eating this next year, I realized just how unhealthy my food choices have been. I haven't been eating fruits and veggies like I should and I usually only eat protein at dinner. I'm lucky to get in two servings of grains or dairy. This makes me wonder - WHAT the heck have I been eating? I really couldn't tell you, but it made me balloon up to 200 pounds in the past 10 years.

I think I'm gonna have to make a chart so I can check things off each day to help me stay on track and see what it is I should eat or need to eat. I'm gonna do the healthy thing this year. I'm so tired of being tired and seeing myself in windows and not recognizing myself - I don't look that way in the mirror each morning (and I do have a full-length mirror). I think I'm gonna have to take pictures of myself Friday and make it into a wallpaper for my computer so I can keep pictures of how I really look in my vision to help keep me motivated.

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

I totally know what you mean - but I find it so hard to eat properly when you are working and on the go... and especially to plan out meals and shop without certain foods spoiling before you can even use them (fruits/veggies).

I think having a chart would be a GREAT idea! Putting it on your fridge or one at work (when you start working) so when you hanker for something you can consult the list and see what the most effective item to snack on would be.

I totally know what you mean about body image too...it's hard - but the best part is making a change for the better!