Friday, December 29, 2006

Six Weird Things About Me

1. I hate to talk on the phone. I can talk to H, but other than that, I’d rather not. I just don’t know what to say and don’t feel comfortable. H cannot fathom this. I don’t understand it. I drive H nuts with this because if we need to call someone, I’ll dial on my phone then hand it to him to talk. He absolutely hates that and I am sorry. I’m just no good on the phone unless I’m talking to H.

2. I cannot sleep when there is noise of any kind. I used to be a sound sleeper until we had a mouse stuck in the walls. This damn mouse ended up in our bedroom walls and I could hear him scratching to get out. It freaked me out. Now, even the sound of the wind reminds me of that damn mouse and I cannot sleep. I used to need sound to go to sleep, but now I need QUIET! I now sleep with earplugs (only 1 when H isn’t home – on the ear not against the pillow. I wouldn’t want to come to harm because I couldn’t hear. I just wouldn’t feel safe)

3. Growing up, I wasn’t allowed to listen to music unless it was Gospel or Classical (thank-you, H for opening my world); I wasn’t allowed to wear pants (and didn’t until I was 27); I wasn’t allowed to go to the movies (the first one I saw on a big screen was Hunt for Red October – I think I was 22).

4. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 27. I had 3 permits in California, but I didn’t want to take my driver’s test out there…they put you on the freeways, make you parallel park, and I couldn’t parallel park and was scared to death to get on those freeways. At the time, the speed limit on the freeway was 55 or 60, but the law was you go with the flow of traffic. People drove up to 80 all the time, and I just couldn’t do that.

5. I was a virgin when I met H at age 28 even though I was married once before. Obviously it wasn’t a real marriage, but I stayed for 5 ½ years because I took my vows seriously. We called it quits when I realized that I deserved to be happy and that what we had wasn’t really a marriage but a roommate situation.

6. I’m 38 and I love playing World of Warcraft with H and the friends we have met online. Some of these friends we have even met in real life, and some we knew before we started. It’s a blast.

2 comments:

Manda Girl said...

I hate talking on the phone too! I worked as a receptionist for 3 years and it just killed my desire to converse on the phone.

Those are some interesting things about you! I think you are amazing person and I am glad you got out of a marriage that didn't make you happy.

angela said...

I hate the phone too and I'm the one who always has to answer it even though it's rarely for me.
Your life seems to be going upwards now.
Enjoy,
Angela