Friday, December 22, 2006

Great News!!

I'm going to be an Aunt - AGAIN! We just found out today that K is going to have a baby brother or sister. His mom is 2 months pregnant. WooHoo. I am so excited and can't wait. K said he wants a little brother (of course) and wants to name him "Baby Boy". Soooo cute! I'm gonna have to learn to make more than just a scarf - like maybe a baby blanket.

We spent the whole day with him. Well, I spent the whole day with him. H spent all day fixing hsi dad's computer and printer at the restaurant. I had a GREAT day. That little bugger mimicked every thing I did. He even followed me into the bathroom. When I told him to leave, he said "I'm not looking" which made me laugh. He was in the stall next to me on all fours. I finally talked him into going to see his uncle. Crazy kid. We played all day and he wore my butt out. Makes me realize that I really need to lose weight.

I need to lose about 40 pounds. I also received a phone call today from one of the secretarial positions I applied for at the local university. I am so hoping to get this position. My interview is set for Jan. 8. I am so excited and can't wait. I always do well in interviews and have never failed to get any position I have interviewed for, so my chances seem pretty darn good to me. :-)

From now until Jan 8, I am planning on losing as much weight as I can. I am planning on working out every day (thank the in-laws for the eliptical trainer) and going on the slimfast plan which is shakes, meal bars, snacks, and a normal dinner. I can do that for 2 weeks. Of course, I will start this Dec. 26 and will take off New Year's Eve (since we are going to a friends house instead of staying at home for a change). I can do this. I'm gonna see if I can lose at least 10 pounds this way in 2 weeks.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

My Pugs Blogger said...

LUCK!! I'm with ya babe - we will be watching our portions together.

Congrats on the new addition too - how exciting!