Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Grandma and Fruitcake

It hit me this morning while I was reading through the blogs I visit on a somewhat daily basis – I miss my grandma’s fruitcake. I know that’s a crazy thing to miss. One of the blogs had a little quiz “What is your favorite holiday treat?” Of course, fruitcake was on the list. I know that most people do not like fruitcake, but I have always loved fruitcake. It’s been a Christmas tradition my entire life. I don’t like just anyone’s fruitcake. I love my grandma’s fruitcake, but I have eaten a lot of fruitcake trying to find one to match hers. She made it each year for Christmas and I always looked forward to it. Now that she has passed, I cannot find a fruitcake I love as much as hers. I wish we would have found her recipe. I’m gonna have to track that down – maybe Mom has it somewhere. I would love to try making it myself. She passed away January of 1996. I can’t believe it’s been 10 almost 11 years.

No comments: