Friday, December 01, 2006

Obviously...

I got bored last night and had nothing better to do than take nonsense quizes. Hey! I didn't post the results of everyone I took, just the ones I thought you would enjoy seeing.

Well, the NaBloPoMo thing is over and even though I didn't participate (since I was out of town and didn't know it was going on until the middle of the second week), I am still in the process of reading the blogs and leaving comments. What's really sad is that I'm still in the A's! Can you believe it? There were so many participants, and I will read every one of them. I will also add links to the right of those that I found most interesting and will return to, so please look for that. I hope you like my choices. If not, well...they're there for me, now, aren't they? hehe. I do hope you enjoy them, though.

So...Today is Dec 1. In 14 more days, I will be 38 years old. I can hardly believe it. I remember when I was younger thinking that 30 was WAAAY over the hill. It doesn't seem that way anymore. (This was the reason for the quiz regarding "how old do you act") I wanted to see if I act my age...glad to know that I act younger.

I sent the majority of my Christmas cards in yesterday's mail. The only ones I have left are for my Mom/Dad, Brother, and Grandpa. Grandpa's wasn't sent because I need to put money in it. He doesn't get the concept of gift cards and thinks he's being cheated when he uses it. Cash is the best gift for him and causes the least heartache for everyone involved. I didn't send my parents and brothers because I ran out of cards. I bought more last night and will send them today. It was not out of spite or anything like that - that just wouldn't be me. I keep my feelings inside (okay, I let them out here) and they really have no idea how much I've been hurt over the years. I don't think they even realize how much of a "black sheep" I feel. It doesn't matter. It's my perception which makes it my reality not theirs.

I remember being younger and thinking of my little brother as my best friend. Once I graduated high school and went to college, he realized he didn't need me, and we haven't been close since. God, how I miss those days when we were close and would do anything for the other. That was almost 20 years ago, so I guess it's time I got used to it and just moved on.

You know...I mentioned in a meme the other day that I didn't think I was anyone's best friend. I lied (not on purpose). After thinking about it, I realized that I am the best friend of the most important person in my life. I am my hubby's best friend just as he is mine. I can't believe that he never popped into my mind while I was doing that meme. I know that I am his best friend. We have talked about it and mentioned it to each other and helped each other through some tough times. This makes me think that I've been taking him for granted, which is something I NEVER wanted to do. Baby, if you're reading this, I'm sooooo sorry. You are extremely special to me. You mean more to me than you will ever know. You have shown me that I am special the way I am and that I deserve to be loved just the way I am. THANKS!!!!

So...who's your best friend?

No comments: