Tuesday, October 11, 2005

VEGAS!!!!!!

Well, we're finally in Vegas. Have been since Saturday afternoon. We had a 4 hour flight. Boring, Crowded, but at least we didn't have a 2 hour layover. This was a non-stop flight. That part was great!

We are staying at the Mandalay Bay Hotel since that is where my husband's convention thing is and the company is paying for it (nice). This is great! It feels like we have been here for a week already and it has actually only been 3 days. I am definitely destressing and relaxing even though I am doing school work while I am here.

I have portioned out my gambling money so that I have about $50 a day to play with. Not too bad but it sure goes quick. I've won $100 but put it all back in the machines. I'm having fun. I'm not playing to win (or lose) just playing. I enjoy it. My husband doesn't understand it, but he knows I enjoy it, so he feeds me his cash as well. He can't stand losing his money and keeps track of what he's up and what he's down. I told him I only know what I have in my pocket. I don't keep track of winnings or losses. That's why I can just enjoy what I am doing. He still doesn't get it, but he gives me cash when I've lost all mine. I had $100 to play on yesterday because of winnings the night before (instead of my normal $50). In an hour, I was down to $40 without even realizing I put all that money in the machines and that was after stopping on a machine after winning $50. I stopped for the day, well, until Hubby came back from his meetings and classes. :-)

We went to dinner, saw the musical "Mama Mia" which was GREAT! We had a blast and bought the soundtrack. Wouldn't mind going again. The music was fantastic and the cast were VERY talented. Hubby gave me cash to play on. :-) I got him up to $100 and we cashed out. I told him he owed me $50 because he wouldn't have the hundred if I hadn't been playing the machines. I love my logic, he enjoys it at times, too. hehe.

Anyway, I've completed both "projects" for my Thursday night class and now only have 1 question to answer on my take home midterm for my Tuesday night class. I have to write step by step how to open and work more than one presentation in PowerPoint. That may take me a little while because I will have to do it while I am answering the question. The only other thing I have to do before we leave is an article review for my Wednesday night class which I'm planning on doing while Hubby is in classes tomorrow. I can study for my two tests on the long flight home.

When Hubby gets out of class today, we are planning on walking the strip a bit (we haven't done that yet) and going to Excalibur to see "The Tournament of Kings". This is where you eat with your hands, watch jousting tournaments, and call the servers "wench". It should be a lot of fun. Can't wait!

No comments: