Sunday, October 02, 2005

Important to know

When your faith differs from your parent’s religion, you are not alone. When the people you thought were supposed to protect you hurt you instead, you are not alone. When you feel that you cannot tell your parents your thoughts for fear that they will not understand or will reject you, you are not alone.

These are all things I have gone through and lived with as well. While I was growing up, I questioned my parent’s religion, but I did not mention anything to them about it. I was afraid that they would be upset or wouldn’t understand what I was going through. Now that I’m older and my parents know my beliefs, I have found that I was right in thinking my parents would not understand me. Even though my parents do not understand me, I do know that they still love me. They just do not know what to say to me sometimes because they do not understand my thought processes.

Now that I am older, I have found that there are people that do understand what I have gone through and what I think in regards to religion and faith. These people are not family, but they have become very good friends because we have thoughts in common. You can always find someone who feels and believes the way you do. It just may take a long time to find them. Don’t get discouraged; don’t give up; you are not alone.

No comments: