Sunday, October 02, 2005

Dear Mom & Dad (3/11/04)

Dear Mom and Dad,
I just wanted to take this time to thank you for doing your best raising me. I know that I am the person I am today largely because of your influence and your teachings. Growing up, I may have been upset or hurt because I was so sheltered and wasn’t allowed to do a lot of things I wanted to do, but now I realize you had your rules and everything in place out of love for me and you were doing your best to make sure I grew up to be the best person I could be.

I know that sometimes, even recently, I felt you treated Brother and me differently. I now realize it is because we are different people who may need love to be shown in ways different from the other. Thanks for taking my individuality into account.

I love you both very much for everything you have done for me (the hard times, easy times, good times, all of it). I hope when all is said and done you are proud of the woman I have become and am continuing to grow to be. I am proud of who I am and the person I know I will one day be and I know it is largely because of the roles you have played in my life.

I love you, and thanks for everything!!
Kari

No comments: