Monday, October 03, 2005

Ugg! What a day

Today was crazy. I actually had an individual presentation on a manager to give in tonight's class. It didn't go too badly. I got through it and even threw in some humor. Glad that's over.

Tomorrow I have a group presentation - interpretation: group from hell. That's not quite true. The majority of the group and project went surprisingly well. It was just one guy in the group. He couldn't make any decisions for himself. The decisions he did make for this "office building" didn't look like a business but more home office. So we pretty much scrapped what he did and chose the furniture ourselves.

All he had left was to choose the overhead lighting. He called me today to ask to get together so I could help him make his decision. I told him he needed to make this decision and wouldn't meet him. He then told me that he chose about 6 and wanted our opinions. I asked him if he had one he liked the best - he said he did, so I said that was our light. He then wanted me or one of the other group members to go to a lighting store to get approximate pricing for it when he's had 2 weeks to do it and could have done it this past weekend.

I am so disappointed. I thought this project with him would be different because he seemed to be more enthusiastic about it. When it came down to it, it was same old same old. So disappointing.

The members in the group give points to the others in the group. Our group decided to give him only 15/25 points since he didn't make any meetings outside class, didn't make any decisions on the project (even the things he chose, he gave us multiple choices instead of just choosing one), and he never had his things done when he said he would.

Anyway, enough ranting for today. Now that I have written all of this out, maybe I can let it go and forget about it.

No comments: