Monday, October 24, 2005

I Have a GOAL!!

Okay, I have decided today that I am going to lose 41 pounds and get my body in shape before I graduate from college August 13, 2006. I am 36 years old - will be 37 before the year is through.

When I was 28/29, I weighed what I will weigh once I lose the 41 pounds. I think that weight is doable since I was that weight long after I graduated from high school. I should be able to get back down to that size. I don't think that is asking too much.

I started working out today and boy do I feel it. My abs are killing me. I rode a crappy exercise bike today for 5 minutes at a fairly quick pace. I say it was a crappy bike because it's like 20 years old - wobbly, small foot pads, squeaks enough to give you a headache. I was also on another machine that uses your body as a counter weight that you pull up with your arms and kick out with your legs. I did 100 reps on that machine - 50 pulling normally and 50 pulling while curling my bicep. That was a good workout. I felt it in my legs and arms by the time I finished.

Tonight, I went to the gym on campus after my class. I walked/jogged 4 laps around the track (6.5 laps = 1 mile). I also did a lot of stretching out (which I don't do very often and need to do more of). I did 50 sit ups, and biked for another 5 minutes on a good bike that does a lot of stuff. I did the "fit test" on it which was a 5 minute program. I did it on level 1. I will try level 2 tomorrow and see how high I can go. My heart rate was doing very well during that bike ride.

I want to go from 186 pounds to 145 in 10 months. WOW! That's a VERY achievable goal. I can do that. I think I will also take my measurements and see how many inches I lose in that period of time.

I have been watching what I eat, but I have still been eating things I shouldn't. Hubby and I decided that when we go out, we will now order one meal and share it (restaurants always give you more than one person should ever eat anyway). One day a week we will go to dinner and eat what we want - within reason - so that our bodies aren't feeling like we are depriving them. If we crave something, we will eat just a little of it to satisfy the craving and that is enough.

I bought a bunch of "lean cuisine" type foods at the market yesterday along with pudding cups and fruit cups. This way, we will know exactly what 1 serving is. I have also been drinking one cup of milk and one cup of V8 each day along with taking a multivitamin.

I am going to use this blog to keep up to date on what I am losing (inches and weight), keep track of my exercise, and keep track of my food intake. Hopefully I can do this on a daily basis.

FOOD
1 pkg instant oatmeal
1 granola bar
1/2 gyros platter with rice/meat/salad
1 "lean cuisine" (lc) pizza
1 slimfast cookie bar
1 (lc) macaroni and cheese
1 smoothie cup
1 cup milk
1 cup V8

Wish me luck. I will take my measurements and add them later.

No comments: