Friday, October 21, 2005

Ranting and Raving

This has been a busy week. Hubby was out of town from Monday - Wednesday. I do not sleep well without him being home. My dog barks at every single little noise while Hubby is gone, so that was another reason I didn't sleep well.

I didn't have class Monday or Tuesday, but there was a lot going on for my Wednesday and Thursday classes. I had to take a test, 2 finding tests, and turn in 3 projects all for my Thursday class. I don't enjoy my Wednesday class at all!!!!

The teacher is boring, she speaks almost monotone, and she doesn't really teach but talk non-stop. The class is supposed to be Organizational Communication, but she is having us do a research project (she's doing a research paper and having her classes do all the leg work and interviewing basically - she has told us this). that is what the whole class is about. We aren't really learning anything. When she gives us a test, the questions do not make sense and are in huge research words instead of words students will understand. She took the questions from a test bank and didn't bother to read them from our level (I'm 36 - I'm not stupid, but that wording was nothing but confusing). She called it a quiz, but it was worse than any final I have EVER taken. Luckily, it only counts as a quiz/daily grade or the whole class would fail. No one did well on that stupid thing.

Anyway, I have a bunch of work I should be doing right now instead of writing this blog, but you know how it is. I don't really feel like doing it right now. I can work on it this weekend or even after work during the week. I need to find out what chapters I need to read for my Monday night class. We always have a quiz in that class. :-(

I have a dinner to attend tonight where my workplace is being honored by my university because of all the co-op students they allow to work for them and usually end up hiring on full-time once they graduate. I happen to work there right now as well (part-time) but not through the co-op.

No comments: