Friday, October 14, 2005

Home from Vegas

Well, we are home from Vegas. While we were there, we spent every penny we took with us (which to me was the plan to start with :-) - too bad my husband didn't feel that way. Although, he never stopped playing until his money was gone either and kept feeding my habit). We had a great time. We got in Saturday afternoon. We stayed at Mandalay Bay - a GREAT hotel. This hotel is one of the top end hotels on the strip. Thankfully, my husband's business is going to reimburse us for the hotel since he is staying here for a convention that is here at the hotel.

Monday evening we saw "Mama Mia" based on the music by ABBA. It was GREAT! There was a lot of humor. We bought the soundtrack of the original cat in London after the show. It was really good. Would recommend it to everyone.

On Tuesday, we saw the Tournament of Kings at Excalibur. That was a lot of fun. We bought the photo. Some of the guys that were in this were in the billboard for "Thunder from Down Under" (it's an all male revue kind of thing). Wouldn't mind seeing that show sometime. These guys were hot! All muscle, cute as heck, and had great six packs. Whoa!

We walked the strip on Wednesday night. Thought the strip would never end. We did not go to the end. We walked to the Bellagio and saw the fountain show and walked around inside. We saw the 1 million dollar glass sculpture - very pretty. It's suspended from the ceiling and looks like you're in a lilly pond. We also walked around the conservatory. It was fun - our legs were killing us. I think I walked more that night than I have in a year. Wore me out.

It's Friday, we're home, and I am still wiped otu. We did stay up pretty late each night - mostly because we were wound up and couldn't go to sleep, so we stayed up and watched some TV. I saw Mad Max with Mel Gibson and Road WArrior (I had never seen those movies before). They were pretty interesting.

Would love to go back to Vegas someday. I do miss the weather, but have to say, the humidity in the air here in TN keeps my skin from drying out and getting itchy. It's a swap, but I think it's a good one.

No comments: