Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Struggling and Pushing On

Things didn't go as well yesterday as I would have hoped. Dinner didn't thaw in time (guess I should have turned up the heat in the house), so I ate a bag of popcorn.

List of food for Jan 2:
3 muffins
2 Cups Shredded Wheat (= 2 servings)
Skim milk in the cereal
1 cup carrots
1 bag popcorn
¼ Hershey bar
8 oz skim milk
1 piece choc covered macadamia nuts (70 cals)

35 oz water

Exercise for Jan 2:
3 minutes on elliptical
Didn’t count my steps because the thing didn’t work on the pocket of my robe. :-)

I've heard that it takes 21 days to form a habit, so this one little glitch isn't gonna stop me or slow me down. I'm back where I need to be. I've found that I'm not eating enough calories, so my body thinks I'm starving it. I eat, I just don't eat healthy foods. I get in calories, but not enough calories and definitely not enough from the right kinds of foods. I'm hanging in there, and now that I know what my problem is, I can work on that as well. I was pretty proud of myself for eating the carrots yesterday. I think I shocked my system.

4 comments:

Manda Girl said...

So, this morning I was on the http://www.slimfast.ca site and they have this thing where you enter your height and weight and they tell you how many calories you need a day. Then they have 4 Week meal planners that you can print out (along with receipes!).

Yesterday I faltered a little too -I had about 2050 calories

Breakfast (cereal): 170 cal
Snack (slimfast snack bar): 130 cal
Starbucks latte: 230 cal
Lunch (leftover tacos): 600 cal
Snack (popcorn & thins chocolate bar): 200 cal
Snack (slimfast shake): 256 cal
Dinner (taco rolls & salad/no dressing): 450 calories

No exercise yet...

Keep up the motivation!

PS - I hope you don't mind that I am keeping track of my stuff on your comments ;)

Manda Girl said...

Oh and PPS - I got a tummy ache from all the raw veggies I ate. How horrible is that!

angela said...

Well done for making a start. Your positive attitude will help you do it.
I've still got too much Christmas food around to focus on losing weight.
Good luck,
Angela

Kari said...

Manda, I don't mind your using my comments to keep track of your weight goals. It helps me see that I am not alone and helps keep me motivated. Sorry to hear that veggies give you tummy aches. Stupid veggies. lol

Angela, Thanks for your encouragement. I had H take our left over goodies to his work. Let them get fat instead of me. hehe