Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Realizations

~So, after writing yesterday's post, I realized that all this is going on around a woman who taught me that gift giving is about the thoughts behind the gift not what you actually receive. I guess when she taught that lesson, she meant it more as "do as I say, not as I do." Hell, at least she got something. I was tempted to not get them anything and just give stuff to the kids this year. As it was, we put those damn popcorn buckets on a credit card... we were able to pay cash for the kids gifts.

Manda, thanks so much for your words of encouragement on yesterday's post. I'm so sorry you've gone through similar situations with your family.

One of the reasons I started this online journal was so other people (going through similar situations) wouldn't feel as alone as I always have. I had no idea it would show me that I wasn't alone and that I'm not the only one going through these issues with family. I never felt comfortable telling anyone what was going on in my family. I grew up as "good Christian people" (my dad was a deacon and the young people in the church always looked to me as an example for some reason) and my family is so into "putting on a good show around everyone" and "everyone has problems but our family" thing. I never realized other people were going through what I was going through in my family and I was so afraid that G's kids would feel the way I did, that I wanted them to be able to find this someday (when they're older) and realize that they aren't alone in all of this and that they have someone in the family that truly understands what they are feeling and going through that will talk to them when and if they are ready.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Food:
Whole Wheat Bagel (270)
3 T. Whipped Cream Cheese (210)
Lean Cuisine Pizza (350)
1 oz Cheese (100)
1 Cup Carrots
1 Rice Crispy Treat (160)
1 Chocolate Truffle (76)
1 Strawberry Popsicle (30)
2 Hershey’s Nuggets Special Dark w/Almonds (100)

Beverages:
1 Cup Irish Crème Coffee with creamy topping and sugar-free vanilla syrup
34 oz water

Exercise:
Elliptical Trainer (2 minutes)
As you can see, today was better when it came to my snacking, but a girl’s gotta snack. :-) At least I bought more healthy snacks instead of eating something a lot more unhealthy.

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

Kari, I have always felt alone in how I felt about my family too, I didn't think anyone else saw what I saw - until I met my hubby. He lets me realize that some things, even though its family, aren't worth getting tread all over for. Everyone has always seen our family as "perfect" and don't understand why I feel hostel about certain things. I also know it's going to take time to get over a lot of built up stuff but you also let me see that it's better to move onward too.

I'm so glad we can be there and understand each other!!

Yesterday's food:
Breakfast (cereal w/skim); 170 cal
snack (animal crackers): 160 cal
lunch (lean cusine pizza, pineapple chunks): 380 cal
Snack (slim fast shake): 320 cal
snack (cereal): 170 cal
dinner (kraft dinner and turkey bites): 380 cal

water: 24 oz

I love the 100 calorie snack bags and chocolate bars!