Friday, January 12, 2007

Look what I just did..

I just signed up for the traveling journal. Pretty cool. They have a 100-page journal that they want to send to 100 people all over the world. You can write anything you want on your page before passing it on to the next person. They are including a yellow monkey that they'd like you to take a picture of and send back to Radioactive Jam so he can see where his monkey has been.

This reminds me of the movie Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants where four girls (all different body types) miraculously fit into the same pair of jeans. They are going in different directions over the summer, so to stay close, they each take a turn with the pair of jeans. Pretty interesting story.

I thought it would be interesting to be part of this project. They're going to be scanning some of the pages onto Radioactive's site so everyone can take a peak on what's being put into the book as it's traveling. Then, one of the writers will get to keep the journal after it's completed.

So now, I need to think about what I want to add to my page and where I want to take a picture of the little yellow monkey. I just had a thought for the picture of the monkey - on a headstone of a soldier from the Civil War at the Stones River Battleground. That would be an interesting place for a yellow monkey to travel to and it's not far from where I live.

My questions to you:
1) Does that sound like a good place to photograph the monkey?
2) Should I include stuff from my blog on my journal page? (another way to let people know they aren't alone when they're going through "family crap" that has to deal with religion.
3) Should I include some of my favorite sayings, of which there are actually more than I posted?

So, what do you think? BTW, feel free to join in the traveling journal. Sounds like it'll be great fun.

1 comment:

Bill C said...

"You're in."
And I really appreciate your enthusiasm. I hoped people would find this fun and interesting; seems so thus far.

However - I'm not sure how many unclaimed pages remain (after yours, that is; no worry!). I know it's not many, possibly none. I'll try to post an updated count later today.

Thanks again; check your email and welcome aboard!