Monday, January 08, 2007

Post #195

WooHoo! Getting close to 200 posts. I'm so excited. You know the drill. If you want to skip all this stuff, scroll to the ~ (by the way, this is going to be true from here on in - I'll just put a ~ in the first few lines so you'll know that I have posted something about my food, beverage intake, and/or exercise).

One thing I don't understand and don't like...I weighed on the last Friday of December. I weighed 197. Please don't fall over in shock. I weighed again on January 1 because I knew I ate my favorite foods over the weekend before starting the healthy thing. I weighed 199. I weighed again this past Friday (okay it was actually Saturday because it slipped my mind on Friday - I think because it was a four day work-week and it threw me off to have H leave only 4 days). Anyway, I weighed 197. So, it takes me 2 days to gain 2 pounds, but it takes me 5 days to lose it. That SUCKS! I am now sticking to weighing just on Fridays. Hmmmm, I wonder why.

So, I have a job interview today at 2:00cst. Please wish me luck and keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I need to get a job and there doesn't seem to be many that are available at the moment here. At least not for what I do or want to do. I have a $400 student loan that I'll have to start making payments on next month. I really need this job. We could probably live without it, but finances would be extremely tight.

Now, on to K's birthday. He turned 4 last Thursday. We took him to Chuck E. Cheese on Saturday. He was soooo good and had a blast. First we ate pizza and wings then we played the games. We played a lot of games and he had a blast. We wore his little butt out. He helped me play skeeball (among other things) and it was a lot of fun. I think he enjoyed the air hockey the best. He was all smiles the entire time he played against his dad. After we played all the tokens that came with the meal, we bought $20 worth of more tokens. It was so much fun. When it was time to go home, he didn't even pitch a fit, say no, or anything. I took a dollar to get him an ice cream and the machine ate the dollar and didn't give him an ice cream. He was okay with it, and didn't get upset. He just took it in stride, but we told the manager so she went in the back and got him the ice cream he wanted. We stood around for about 20 minutes because we ordered chicken wings to take home. I thought they'd never be done, but K was so good. He didn't mind that other kids were playing and he wasn't. He didn't even ask to go play. I guess he was really worn out. We put him in the car for the 5 minute drive home and he was asleep halfway there. I picked him up out of the car and laid him on the futon to sleep. It was so cute, he opened his eyes and just smiled at me. I took off his shoes and he just giggled. It melted my heart yet again. He is such a cutie and such a good little boy. I can't wait to see the man he becomes. He'll have a little brother or sister in about 6 months, and I can't wait to see the big brother he'll become. He is absolutely amazing.

On another note, I went to indexed yesterday and while catching up on his posts, came across the diagrammed sentence. I always loved diagramming sentences in high school (kind of nerdy, I know) and mentioned that to H. He said they didn't have to diagram when he was in school (he's six years younger than me) and said it was archaic - "like counting with an abacus". These were his exact words. He's so funny, it cracks me up. I have no idea where he gets these ideas or how he can even come up with them so quickly. I always loved English in school. I had to point out each part of the sentence in the diagram because he had never seen one done before. That was actually one of my favorite parts of English class. So, I guess that does make me a nerd. Oh well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weekend was a little rough, but I think I stayed within my caloric limit. I don’t think I actually ate breakfast either day.

Food:
4-6 oz meat (beef and shrimp)
1 cup veggies
1 Piece of DQ Peanut Butter Cup Cake (400 cals)
1 DQ chili dog (330 cals)
1 medium DQ French fries (380 cals)

Beverages:
34 oz Water
23 oz Coke Zero (with ice)
20 oz Diet Coke (with ice)

Exercise:
Normal steps today, but forgot to put on pedometer

Well, they say it takes 28 days to form a habit. Since this was day 7, I think we’re doing pretty well. At least everything we are doing or not doing is still foremost in our minds. I think that’s a good start and an important thing to remember.

I hope you had a great weekend. Keep up the good work. Don’t get discouraged. I’m with you all the way.

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

LOTS OF LUCK today with the job interview!! I will be thinking all good thoughts about it and I know you will do well.

I got on the scale this morning and found out that I gained another pound. That's 3 since Christmas. WTF?! I think I am going to only weigh myself once a week too. I am going to measure (good golly) my body tonight and start a log with weight and sizes to document every Monday. I'm going to start on the bike tonight too.

Yesterday was good and bad (mostly bad):
Breakfast (cereal/ skim milk): 180 cal
lunch (soup and sandwich): 250 cal
snack (yikes - Bearclaw and Caramel Macchiato: 550; cheesebuns (lots), 2 sugar cookies (lots), chips... we were at a housewarming party!)
Dinner (2 poached eggs on toast): 250 cal

water: 16 oz

We can do it!