Sunday, January 14, 2007

Yesterday's News

~ We went and saw K and the family. We found out that K's mom had a death in her family. Her dad died and they found out about it around 5 yesterday morning. She and the new NN/N are fine. She is such a strong person. I was int he delivery room with her when she had K, and I couldn't tell she was even in pain. She made no noise and didn't really make any faces either. Her dad lived in Laos, so she won't be able to go home right now, but they're all thankful that he was able to see and meet K after he was born. In their culture, they believe that when one person dies, and another is currently pregnant (within that family), that the spirit of the one that passed will be passed into the new child so they are always with us.

On a happier note, I dance with K yesterday. He is such a funny, cute, and sweet little boy. He still doesn't like it when we pay attention to N, but it isn't taking him as long to be okay with it now like it was at the beginning. I can't wait to see how he does when his brother or sister arrive. You know everyone's going to fawn all over that little kid. We need to make it a point to keep K close and feel just as loved as ever. I think having this little girl in the house is helping him to adjust and get used to not being the ONLY center of attention.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday wasn’t too bad, but not necessarily good either.

Food:
Chik-fil-a sandwich
1 small coleslaw
2 pieces Dominoes pepperoni hand-tossed pizza
4 pieces Dominoes cheesy bread
2 small pieces pork
¾ cups sticky rice

Beverages:
12 oz Dr. Pepper
24 oz diet coke

Exercise:
Normal steps with a little more walking because we went to the in-laws

I stepped on the scale this morning and I’ve gained 2 pounds. I think I’m gonna stick to stepping on the scales Friday morning and no other day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have stopped weighing myself and am only going to weigh myself once a month, I am driving myself nuts. :-) I have noticed you eat alot of take out food, I have totally banished it from my eating! That chicken sandwich makes my mouth water but 534 calories. ACH! I am trying to stay around 1500 calories what about you? I have also started a weightloss journal because I am an emotional eater! Good luck and also congrats on the new job!