Friday, January 12, 2007

It's Official

I'm fat and lazy! ~ Isn't that sad? I think it's extremely sad. I don't know why I just can't seen to get moving. Maybe it's my depression kicking back in. Maybe I just need a job to get me moving. I don't know. I do know that I don't even want to get out of the house - honestly, I prefer to stay in my pajamas all day. So, I've got to find ways to get off my lazy ass and move. I guess that means I need to use the elliptical trainer more. That could help. I need to keep my depression from getting me down. I should also limit the time I play World of Warcraft, but we've met so many nice people playing that game. I love getting online with them. Right now, that's the most interaction I have with anyone outside of H (and my dog).

On another note, the ABLEs meeting went well last night. We have decided to get business cards printed with the website address so it's easier to get the name out there without having to carry around a lot of brochures. This organization has been around for 15 years and was started by a woman with a dream for her disabled son. It's amazing what this woman goes through on a daily basis. Most people in the area haven't even heard of this organization (I didn't hear about it until I worked with her last year).

They have bowling every Saturday from Jan-March then adjusted baseball every Saturday from April-June or July plus other activities thrown in during that time and from then until the end of the year. She is there EVERY week and every outing, not only for her son, but for all the other kids as well. Since this is a non-profit, they rely on donations. I'm not asking anyone to donate. Please don't feel obligated by me in any way. I just want you to know they're out there and helping a lot of kids. What's sad, to me, is that the parents think of this as day care and time to get away from their kids instead of seeing this as people trying to give their kids an outlet so they don't feel disabled. Many of the parents don't even show up to the events, they just drop off their kids and come back for them two to three hours later while N (the mother that started this whole thing) is there EVERY weekend for her child as well as all the others. Please keep this wonderful lady in your thoughts and prayers. She goes through a lot without one complaint because she wants to help her son and others. *okay, I'm off my soapbox for the day :-)*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I weighed myself this morning. I actually remembered this time. I weigh the same today that I weighed last week. I didn’t lose a damn thing. I guess that’s what I get for not exercising this week. I didn’t even deviate from healthy eating until yesterday. J

Food:
1 rice crispy bar (160)
3 crab Rangoon (?) – Homemade by mother-in-law
3 vegetable egg rolls (?) – Homemade by mother-in-law
1 ½ cups fried rice with pineapple, raisins, chicken, cashews (?) – homemade by mother-in-law
¼ cup unsalted almonds (170)

Beverages:
1 cup Irish coffee (45)
34 oz water

Exercise:
Zip…did a little more walking than most days – went to lunch with H and had my ABLEs meeting last night. Overall, still lazy as hell.

How’d you do?

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

Oh dude - I totally relate. Why can't I get off my butt and get on the bike?! We have a full gym in our basement and my hubby works out at least 3 times a week - but that still doesn't motivate me. I was working out a little last year (for about 4 months) but I was too tired, I didn't enjoy it and I didn't lose any weight from it so I stopped. I don't know what I can do to motivate myself this time around...

That group sounds really interesting. I volunteered for Girl Guides (like girl scouts) for 7 years after high school. At first, I was a leader for Sparks - which are 5-6 year old girls. They wear pink (like your site!) and they were a blast to hang out with and do things with. I was always amazed at things they talked about and how much they really understood and observed from their parents/guardians/teachers. The best things about Sparks were getting to participate in things like - sleepovers at the zoo and a tour of the Fire House. I think I literally pushed one kid out of the way to get to sit in the firetruck drivers seat!

The worst things, for the most part were the parents. They did the same thing as you mentioned - just dropped them off and picked them up afterwards like it was a daycare. Most of them didn't participate in events and I always planned for the ones who "forgot" about bringing something in for a craft or when our meetings were at other spot. It was frustrating.

Yesterday;

Breakfast (cereal): 170 cal
snack (slim fast bar): 130 cal
Lunch (crustini sandwich): 230 cal
Snack (pineapple chunks, carrots): 100 cal
Snack (english muffin & peanut butter): 150 cal
Dinner (cereal): 170 cal

Water: 28 oz
I was pretty proud of myself in the afternoon because I was craving Starbucks REALLY badly - but I held it together and ate my pineapple and carrots instead.