Thursday, January 04, 2007

All Hail K

He turns 4 today! This little boy is the funniest little man I have ever met. I say little man because he doesn't look like a little boy to me. He looks like a man in a small body. He still tries to blame his farts on his uncle or his daddy. He grumbles as he's taking something up the stairs to mommy. He's been heard saying, "Why does she always ask me...why can't grandma do it?" He loves shaking his butt at people just the way I taught him only he thinks he's dancing and will face you while I turn my butt toward him. :-) He learns all the good stuff from me. :-P

He loves music. He calls it his "black music" because all the music he likes has a beat like rap. He loves rap, country, and the wiggles. When he's going to the car, he will put the CD on his finger and hold it in the air to make sure he doesn't lose his music before he gets to the car. He loves any music with a beat even if it's in a language he doesn't understand. We turned on a few Italian songs. One he liked 'cause he could bob his head to it. The other was by the same group only it was mellow and he didn't like it. He doesn't like Laotian music - this kid is Loatian, so that cracks me up.

He has always copied everything I do from scratching my nose, dancing, putting my hand in my pocket, to making funny faces. He's my child, his parents just don't know it yet. When I hold the little girl that is staying with them, he gets all jealous and won't talk or look at me for about an hour. He's finally getting better with that, and he'll have to learn with his new little brother or sister coming.

I can't wait to teach the NN/N bad habits too. I'm so looking forward to that, but K will always hold a VERY special place in my heart. He will always be the little boy I fell in love with, I watched come into this world, and the fella I was able to give a middle name to. He's my buddy. If I were ever to be blessed with a little boy, I would hope and pray for a boy like K.

No comments: