Thursday, January 04, 2007

Am I a Lush?

If you'd like to know about my eating/exercising only, skip down to the ~

So, I was wondering how terrible it is that I enjoy a bit of Bailey's in my morning coffee. I don't have coffee every morning, but I do like the flavor the Bailey's adds to the caffeine. Is that terrible? I don't think so, it's the only alcohol I've had in over a year. I can drink coffee without it. There isn't even enough to give me a buzz of any kind. Am I trying to make it sound okay? Whatever. I've been adding the chocolate mint bailey's to an Irish Creme coffee. Such a good combination.

Things have been going pretty well. I've been mostly on track with my healthier eating and exercising. I've been able to keep my chocolate urges down to a bite or two a day. This is good. I'm no longer craving huge amounts of chocolate at a time now. One or two bites takes the edge off and keeps me from wanting more.

I bought the book, "YOU on a Diet". It's got a lot of information in it. I'm only on page 41 at the moment, but I'm learning a lot along the way. According to this book, the size (for women) that you were when you were around 18 is about the size your body really wants you at. I don't remember what size I was when I was 18, but I remember the size I was when I met H. I was a size 9 and looked GREAT! Everyone thought I was 15 pounds lighter than I was and thought I wore a size 6. This means there is no reason I can't get back into that size. I kind of already knew that - hell, I was 28 years old. That is way past 18 and if I could get to that weight and size at age 28, there's no reason I can't realistically get back down to that size.

I bought H two pair of slacks yesterday. Why is it that men only have to have a number for their clothes and they all fit? I bought him the size he asked for, he didn't have to try them on, and they fit perfectly. Why can't women's clothes be that uniform? We have to try on not only the size we think we wear, but the size above and below because you just never know. It's ridiculous and sucks. Women's clothes are so hard to purchase. You can never really buy clothes for another woman because every thing fits differently on each woman. And don't get me started on the dressing rooms. They're always so damn hot, you can't be in there for more than 5 minutes without breaking out in a sweat. I am so looking forward to enjoying shopping for clothes again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ate Jan 3:
Blueberry Healthy Heart oatmeal (160 cals)
1 chik-fil-a sandwich (410 cals)
16 oz diet coke including ice
1 cup carrots
¼ Hershey bar (it’s now gone). (170 cals)
1 muffin (120 cals)
2 all fruit popsicles (60 cals)
2 choc. Covered macadamia nuts (140 cals)
2 weight watcher pizza pockets (580 cals)
20 oz diet coke (no ice)

=1640 cals for everything with a caloric value

51 oz water

Exercise Jan 3:
Elliptical (3 minutes)
3550 steps

I’ve been sliding on the sit-ups and crunches for the past few days. I think I’m gonna have to do my exercise routine twice a day starting next week. This was a good starter week, but I need to do more.

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

Absolutely not a lush! It's actually good for you to have a little booze everyday.

My food yesterday was ok:
Breakfast (cereal w/skim): 170 cal
Snack (slim fast bar): 130 cal
Lunch (ww microwave): 230 cal
Snack (popcorn & starbucks loaf): 480 cal
Dinner (perogies w/onions, back bacon, ff sour cream): 450 cal
Snack (ww chocolate cake): 230 cal
total= 1690

Water - 46 oz