Thursday, January 04, 2007

Emerging

So far today, I have had/done the following…

Food:
Blueberry Heart Smart Oatmeal (160)
2 cups irish crème coffee with creamy topping and T of Baileys in each cup (also 1 T sugar free vanilla syrup in each cup)
¼ cup honey roasted macadamia nuts (no nutritional info on packet)
Lean Cuisine Pizza (350)
16 oz Diet Dr. Pepper (no ice) (0)

Water:
16.9 oz

Exercise:
Elliptical trainer (2 minutes)
25 crunches
25 half sit-ups

I am really liking this book, "YOU on a Diet". I’m learning quite a bit about how my body works and why things work the way they do when it comes to my weight. I’m finding this very interesting.

I think exercising is keeping me from thinking about food. Not just while I’m exercising, but even for hours afterward. I’m even wanting and thinking about exercising earlier in the day instead of waiting until the last possible moment I can get away without doing it. You know that's a shock!

Thanks so much. to all of you, for your encouragement. It has really helped me along the way (and yeah, I know this is only the beginning, but I feel better at the beginning of this than I ever have in the past). It’s pretty cool to know that I'm not in this alone. Manda, I hope that my keeping a log in my blog is helping you stay on track. Your letting me know what you’re doing helps keep me on track and I don't mind you posting your progress in my comments at all. I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to do that.

As I said, this isn’t as hard as I anticipated it being and I think it’s because of your support and knowing that I’m not in this alone. I’ve done this before with my mom as my support, but that never works for me and I think it’s because I already have so many issues with her that thwart whatever good may come from us keeping dibs on each other. Anyway, I just wanted to post a big THANKS. Keep up the good work, Manda. We will eventually hit our goals.

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

YEAH!!!!!! Keep up the good work!

It's way easier knowing that there is someone out there on the same page. Maybe I should pick up that book too (it keeps popping up at me when I go onto Amazon)