Sunday, January 07, 2007

Still on track...kind of

I still haven't written about K's birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. We did have a blast. I'll write about that later today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jan 6th, I ate:
1 small honey bran muffin
2 pieces pepperoni Pizza (Chuck E. Cheese)
2 chicken wings w/ranch dressing (Chuck E. Cheese)
1 Chik-fil-a sandwich
1 small chik-fil-a cole slaw
1 bitesize Butterfinger

Beverages:
2 cups Irish coffee with 2 t. sugar-free vanilla syrup and 1 T. Baileys
2 16 oz diet soda with splash of Dr. Pepper (with ice)
34 oz. Water
1 Venti Carmel latte with 2% milk (iced from Starbucks)

Exercise:
2652 steps (not including those taken to get ready for bed)

The following is taken from an email I sent today to J:

I absolutely love the 100 calorie snack packs, but I am currently trying to cut down on the amount of processed foods I eat. I figure it’s got to be healthier than those that take out nutrients just to put them back in again.

I think April 1 is a good goal for us to lose our first 20 pounds. We don’t want to stress if we don’t lose even 1 pound a week and I think if we made March 15th our goal, that’s what would happen on a week we don’t lose or we lose only one pound instead of two. You're a smart woman for realizing that.

I’m trying to exercise every day – I’m just not doing a very good job of it. By seeing how many steps I actually do take in a day, I’m seeing how lazy and sedentary I have become. No wonder H and I have both gained 50 pounds since getting married. We quit moving.

I’d like my weight to be between 140-160 pounds. According to “YOU on a Diet”, we should be able to get down to the size we were when we were 18-21 when our bodies worked at optimal efficiency. I can’t remember what size I was at age 21, but I remember being a size 9 when I was 27 (when I met H). I’m almost tempted to say “screw the #, I want to be a size 9 again.” I’m thinking that might be healthier because as we exercise, we are gaining muscle weight. Muscle weight weighs more than fat weight. Right now, I wear between a 16 and 18 depending on the style or if it’s for a shirt or pants. I don’t remember the size pants I wore when I met Bob, but if I can get into a size 9 dress, I’ll be satisfied at whatever the pants are. They’re probably a 9 as well depending on the manufacturer.

Manda, how do you feel about all of this. I didn't hear from your yesterday about what you ate on the 5th. How're you doing?

2 comments:

Manda Girl said...

Well....I has been a rough couple of days, food wise. I don't know why but the weekends seem harder to keep on track. Too many templations!

The 5th started off well - but I splurged on something bad! Oh well, we can all have our bad days, right?

Tomorrow will be better - good grocery shopping for lunches and snacks for work (PS - I haven't lost anything yet (really bloaty this week!))

Thanks for thinking of me! It's good to know we are in it together :)

angela said...

You being very organised about your programme.
One year I just cut sugar out of my life for a month and lost 10 pounds without really trying.
Good luck,
Angela.
I found some nice weight counters but I can't seem to link to it.
If you visit my blog you can see one in the sidebar.