Friday, January 26, 2007

Sorry it's been a while

So...work has been busy and I haven't had a chance to write lately, so here it is...

This week hasn’t been too bad. According to my scales this morning, I lost one pound this week. I haven’t been doing exercise above and beyond what walking I do around the house or at work between the buildings. I also haven’t been keeping a strict list of what I’ve been eating this week, but I have the general idea for you.

For breakfast each morning, I had a mini whole wheat bagel (120)

For lunch, I have gotten fast food each day for my main course:
3 pieces of chicken at Long John Silvers
1 beef chalupa supreme and 1 taco supreme
1 6” turkey/ham sub from Subway on Italian Herb and Cheese Bread
Yesterday, we went to lunch for a birthday. I got fish and chips (first fries I’ve had in months and they were great, but I only had a handful. I also had 1 slice of bread (no butter) and about 10 chips with spinach/artichoke dip

For dinner, I’ve made dinner each day except Tuesday (we went to Chinese buffet where I had mostly seafood). The other days, I had about 4 ounces of meat with either 1 cup of Jasmine rice or (as in last night) 1 cup mashed potatoes.

I have had a few snacks during the day:
Pretzel sticks (1 snack bag per day)
Rice Krispy treat (1 per day)
My 2-3 pieces of Hershey Nuggets (a day)
100 calorie Hershey snacks (1-3 per day) J
¼ cup almonds
*I haven’t eaten all of these every day (I usually have one or two from the list each day), but these are the snacks I have been enjoying.

I have had at least 51 ounces of water each day and a few diet sodas each day as well.

I am thinking about joining Weight Watchers. I would have joined Wednesday, but I couldn’t find the location. It’s only $30 to join and $12 per visit and you only pay when you actually go to a meeting. I’m going during lunch today to find it. I also have free access to the University’s Recreational Center. They have aerobic and yoga classes for $1 each. I may start going to these. The aerobics are Monday and Wednesday from 5-6 and the Yoga classes are Tuesday and Thursday from 5-6. Weight Watchers has a meeting on Tuesdays at 5, so I may just do the yoga thing on Thursdays. That will give me 3 hours of exercise per week – good God! That’s a lot. H wants to join as well. It will cost us for him to join, but it will be good for him and he will get reimbursed through work, so we’re waiting for his next paycheck to sign him up. There is a Tang Soo Do class (like Taekwan Do) I think we will enjoy taking together. It is on Saturdays from 10-11:30 and they cost $1 I think.

I have been getting extremely fed up with my weight this week. I have a picture on my desk at work of me and H when we first met and it is helping to motivate me to lose the weight I want to lose. It was just 10 years ago, so I know there’s no reason I can’t get back to that again.

No comments: