Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Meme Of 2006

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Started to really understand and accept myself
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any for 2006 and I’m choosing to make life changes this year instead of resolutions (lose weight and exercise)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A family staying with H’s family had a baby. I didn’t know them before the birth, but now that they live there, I get to see the baby every weekend.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope
5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
a job
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 12 - the day I graduated from college Cum Laude
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
having my picture in the paper for being "Outstanding Office Management Student of the Year", graduating college Cum Laude, getting to know the real me, and accepting me
9. What was your biggest failure?
wanting to please others at the expense of my sanity and my own identity
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
normal allergies and sinus crap; also went through a bout of tiredness and hot flashes
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Calvin Klein’s Euphoria
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
H for putting up with me and letting me find out the person I am within
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mom (depressed not appalled)
Me (appalled that I let things get to me instead of realizing I have no control over situations, I only have control over my responses to those situations)
14. Where did most of your money go?
bills – every little bit we had extra went to extra payments
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Graduating and having the time to spend on me
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
“My Immortal” by Evanescence
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, fatter, poorer (I had a part-time job this time last year)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
“sumthin sumthin” with H
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
stressed, worried, trying to live up to other’s expectations instead of my own
20. How did you be spend Christmas?
with K and his family
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
H always makes me fall in love. He’s so good to me and for me
22. How many one-night stands?
zero
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Heroes, How I Met Your Mother, The Class
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
nope
25. What was the best book you read?
The Alchemist
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Rammstadt, Bocelli, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Smash Mouth, and a lot of others
27. What did you want and get?
Calvin Klein’s Euphoria
28. What did you want and not get?
I didn’t want a lot this year. Euphoria was about it besides spending time with K
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
The DaVinci Code
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Saw “The Lion King” on stage, spent the WHOLE day with H. I was 38
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Accepting myself, flaws and all, sooner in the year
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Lost in Translation
33. What kept you sane?
H
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Male – Orlando Bloom
Female – Sandra Bullock
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Adding to our state’s constitution that marriage is between a man and a woman (pissed me off to put discrimination into a constitution of any kind)
36. Who did you miss?
My Uncle Chuck – he passed away about 4 years ago
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Me
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Accept yourself for the person you are.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"These wounds won’t seem to heal; this pain is just too real; there’s just too much that time cannot erase" by Evanescence

No comments: