Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Same Blog Address, New Blog Name

I have been thinking about this for a while, and I think it's time I change the name of this blog. I wanted something that reflected who I am, but couldn't think of it when I wanted to start blogging. I used this blog as an outlet to help me work through a lot of things that were going on in my life. So, while I blogged and figured stuff out, I used the name "My Piece of the Net" because that's what this blog was to me and for me at that time. H has picked the perfect name for my blog without even trying.

I think this title says so much more about me. I have been struggling and I have emerged a better person for it. In the past, I have worked and struggled on the inner me. This year, I am struggling on the outer me and I will be working on my weight and on my poor eating habits. I will emerge from this as well.

I have taken time in the last few days to realize that I don't eat because I LOVE food. I can go a whole day without eating anything because I don't really think about food. I struggle with the choices of food I eat. I also found that I eat out of boredom and because of whatever stress or feelings has been going on in my life.

This title is more about me and what I've been going through for a long time. Now I can see that I have emerged where before, all I could see was the struggling.

So, my eating habits yesteray were okay. I ate the following:
3 small muffins (about 400 cals)
6 oz ham
1 cup irish cream coffee with creamy topping and baileys
12 Fried shrimp with 1 1/2 Tablespoons of shrimp sauce
1 piece of garlic bread
1 plate crab legs with butter sauce
1/4 of a large Hershey bar
8 oz milk

38 oz water

For exercise:
I was on the eliptical for 3 minutes (hey, I've gotta work my way up in this one)
25 crunches
25 half sit-ups (H says they're also crunches they just work a different part of the stomach - they also work my back, so that's good for me)

In the exercise area, I would like to work up to 40 minutes on the eliptical, 100 crunches, 100 half sit-ups, and I'd also like to add in push-ups.

Good luck to you all on your resolutions for 2007. I'm not calling the healthy eating or exercising "resolutions". I'm making them life changes. I want to be around for my niece and nephews and enjoy running with them without getting winded after just a few minutes. Wish me luck as well. :-)

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

Darn it! I had posted a big long post and somehow I deleted it.

Anyway, I will try and sum it up again. I made some different choices at the grocery store the other day in order to make myself more healthy. I got some Slim Fast snack bars and shakes for snack times and times I really NEED to have a chocolate bar, along with microwave dinners (and chocolate cakes) from Weight Watchers for lunches at work (instead of eating at the mall). I also picked up some celery, carrots and green peppers and chopped them all up yesterday and put an assortment in ziplock bags for easy munching and snacking.

I also got some Crystal Light and Nestea (sugar free - made with Splenda) individual drink packs to add in my bottle of water at work - because regular water is just too boring to drink all day long.

Just wanted to share - I'm in this with you!!!