Thursday, January 11, 2007

WOOHOO...

Post #200. ~ I can't believe it took this long (over a year) to reach post 200. I think it is safe to say that it will be quicker to get to the next 200 since I am now blogging every day. Heck, even if I miss a day or so, it's still going to be a lot faster to get to 400.

I have an ABLEs meeting tonight. Things went well in my first meeting. I kind of hung back a bit because I don't know what they normally do throughout the year or what the kids are interested in. I know they hae bowling, adapted baseball, breakfast with Santa, and Summer Camp when they go to a different location each night of the week. It's pretty cool. After the last meeting, I wrote all the thank-you cards for the donations given to the Breakfast with Santa. We are currently in the process of finding a new logo. The current logo is a clip art of a baseball team. I'll write about tonights meeting tomorrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Food:
1 Whole Wheat Bagel (270)
3T Flavored Cream Cheese (210)
1 Chicken Pot Pie (670)
Popcorn (280)
Ham/Cheese Bagel (410)

Beverages:
1 Cup Coffee (45)
51 oz Water
2 Cans Diet Coke

Exercise:
Nothing – another lazy day.

How’d you do yesterday?

2 comments:

Manda Girl said...

Yesterday wasn't too bad becuase I was running around all day and didn't have time to snack.

Breakfast (cereal): 170 cal
snack (slimfast bar): 130 cal
lunch (crustini): 130 cal
Dinner (cod filet, rice, broccoli w/chz): 420 cal

water: 18 oz
diet coke: 10 oz
light beer: 12 oz

So, what's this group you are involved in? It's volunteering?

Kari said...

ABLEs is a volunteer group. It is a group for disabled children. They chose the name ABLEs to show that these are kids like any other kid and they are "able" to do the same things. They just may need a few adjustments made for their disabilties.

I just started with this group last month. They meet once a month to discuss fundraisers they can do or the next outing for the kids.

I went bowling with them once last year, and it was a blast. A lady, the President of the company, started this non-profit. Her son has disabilities and she wanted to show that these kids are capable of the same things other kids can do and to give the parents resources to help them while raising these children because she had to do it on her own. Her son is in his 20's I think. Hearing her story made me cry. She is an amazing single mother. I don't know how she does it all, so whatever I can do to help, I'm more than happy to assist.