Friday, January 05, 2007

Recent Movies

We've seen 6 movies since New Year's Eve.

Last night was the latest and it was "Happy Feet". It was a very cute movie and it even threw in a "green" message - nothing wrong with those, just the way they did it was kind of hokey, but it doesn't come into play until the very end of the movie. All in all it was quite cute and left you thinking about life on a bit of a grander scale than just your backyard. Would probably see this a few more times.

We have also seen "Little Man" which was also cute. How the Damon boys do it, I'll never know. Sometimes I feel sorry for their parents. You know they had to have pulled a lot of pranks growing up. That house was probably never boring and never without excitement of some kind. Very touching movie. Might see this again.

"Barnyard" was the first movie we saw on New Year's Eve. This was really cute. It even had all the kids absolutely quiet for the entire show. If that doesn't give it high praise, I don't know what will. This movie had all of us laughing out loud (adults and kids alike). Very good movie. Would see this again.

"Failure to Launch" was one I saw on my own. This was a lot better than I expected and I think H would have enjoyed it a bit as well. Not your typical chick flick. This was a story of a guy who had some trauma in his life and decided to move back in with his parents. His life is so unbalanced and out of wack that nature is turning against him. He is bitten by a dolphin, a chipmunk, and a vegetarian iguana all in one year. I would watch this movie over and over.

We rented two other movies, but at the moment, I can't think of which they were. I guess they didn't stick in my head like these did. I just got off the phone with H and he can't think of the names either. I guess they weren't that impressive.

2 comments:

Manda Girl said...

I just saw Failure to Launch the other day! I agree - not a typical chick flick and didn't leave me weeping like a baby - so I would watch it again. I love Matthew too. So hot.

We watched Over the Hedge over the holidays and also Little Miss Sunshine. Little Miss wasn't what I expected - not as happy go-lucky feel good as I thought it was. Still good though

Brighton said...

Loved Over The Hedge! Hammy is my hero : )