Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm sorry...I still love you

~I haven't gone anywhere...well, except work. Wow! Lots to write...no time...no energy (ok, I have some energy - just tired of looking at the computer).

Work is going extremely well. I am loving it and really enjoying the people I work with. Since starting on Tuesday, I have already gotten their office supplies organized (they had everything thrown in a bottom kitchen cabinet with no rhyme or reason. You had to get down on your knees in order to see what was in the closet - one of the ladies is pregnant - we can't have that), cleaned and organized the front desk which took looking through lots of pieces of paper in lots of folders to acquaint myself with what's going on (we decided to archive all of this so I could just start my desk fresh when things come up and so I can organize it the way I want to), and I archived the items in the desk. Pretty productive for 3 days worth of work.

I'm sorry I haven't written a lot about the job. It's a government job, and I am unsure what I can say (I've heard of one blogger getting fired because she wrote about her co-workers in her blog and I don't want that to happen to me). The benefits are GREAT! I can see myself working here until retirement. I absolutely love working with these people. Even slow days (when there isn't much to do) go by fast. You can't beat that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have not been keeping a log of what I've been eating. I've been in too much of a rush to even remember what I've eaten 3 hours ago. The good thing about work is that I don't think to snack during the day. I have been eating 3 meals and drinking water. I've also been walking more because we have an office next door that belongs to us as well and I have mail and other things to take over during the day.

Sadly, I have eaten fast food for lunch the past two days. I am going to rectify that starting tonight by making my lunches the night before otherwise, it won't get done. I'm finding that I'm having a hard time getting up at 5:45 every morning. I wonder why? I've only been out of work for 5 months and didn't have a time I had to get up (usually though, I made sure I was out of bed before 10:00). :-) With this all in mind, it is better that I do the most things the night before instead of relying on them getting done in the morning. I have also taken to getting in the shower after I come home from work each night (started that today as well) so I can sleep just a little bit longer each morning.

2 comments:

My Pugs Blogger said...

We love you too!! Glad to hear the job is going well ;)

I had ff for lunch today too - and lots of chocolate covered pretzels (my fav!) so I didn't keep track. Oh well, tomorrow we will be better!

Kari said...

Hershey's has a chocolate covered pretzel that is 100 calories. They are delicious. I was soooo surprised and in heaven. Salt an dsweet is such a FANTASTIC combination. Whoever thought that one up is a freakin' genius.