Sunday, January 28, 2007

Finally, a Break

~Ok, so, we've finally slowed down this weekend. Actually, H is still in bed and it's 9am. We played WoW (World of Warcraft) last night (not a shocker - we play this game EVERY night). I quit around 10 and went to bed. I have no idea what time he finally quit and came to bed. I was out cold. I feel productive already this morning. I've had a cup of coffee, emptied the dishwasher, filled the dishwasher, and am running a load as I type. :-) I love technology. I remember growing up without a dishwasher (actually, my mom had a dishwasher...it.was.ME.). I hated it.

I got my nails done yesterday. My nail lady changed salons. I'm not sure I like this move very much. It's a little difficult to get to her place (just a very busy road where parking is only on the street). People drive by like maniacs instead of thinking anyone would possibly want to leave their parking space (even though parking is only allowed in one or two hour increments depending on the spot). Now that she's moved, her regulars (which I am one - been going to her for 2 years now) have decided to make standing appointments on Saturdays (they go every two weeks). I don't. I go every two or three weeks (depending on when H's payday falls). Now, the only way I can get my nails done is to get there at 8:30a.m. (on a Saturday?! - come on, I had a hard enough time getting to her for a 9a.m. appointment) or wait until 11 or 2. Since we spend Saturdays with K, I took the damn 8:30 for my next 3 appointments. If I don't like that, I'm switching to the 11 if no one has taken it yet. I tried a new color on my nails yesterday. It's a bright coral. I'm used to a rosey color, so catching this color in the corner of my eye is kind of a shock. I don't know how long this color will be showing. I may have to cover it with another color. It seems all the colors I own are in the pink/rose family. I never thought of myself as a pink, girly girl type. I guess I'm growing into it.

K was cute yesterday. He wanted me to dance with him. So we danced (which is just shaking our butts and stomping our feet). Hilarious. He followed me around on his tricycle. So cute. He even followed me into the bathroom. His dad said he hadn't gone all day. The kid waits until I have to go? He asked if I was going in the other stall. I said that I'll go later. He said, "Later" and laughed. Little punk. :-) Once he left, I went in the stall. The little bugger came back. I told him to get out of here. He said, "Get out of here" and laughed, but he did leave. Cutie. He helped his grandparents clean the shelves in their restaurant.....he put everything on the floor. God, I love that kid! How can you not? I can't. He's a sweetie. I can only imagine what NN/N is gonna be like, and the two of them together? Watch Out!

I'm excited. Today we're going to watch our college girls play basketball. They're ranked. They're doing fantastic. I can't wait to see them play.

Mandy, I haven't heard from you lately. Is everything okay? I noticed your hubby has taken over your blog lately (not that I mind the shoes). :-) I'v ejust been concerned about you. I know I haven't been posting as regularly as I'd like, and I'm sorry. I'll try to do better. My post from Friday was actually written at work. I tweeked it a bit after work for the blog before I posted it. I may have to do that more often to get my posts in each day.

I've really missed blogging on a regular basis. I've just been so tired and worn out by the time I get home. I've been going to bed between 8 and 9:30 each night. That NEVER happens. I'm usually such a night person. I will be posting more regularly. I promise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I joined Weight Watchers Friday. I'm going to my first meeting Tuesday. I have free access to the rec center on campus (thanks to my job). They have low impact aerobics every Monday and Wednesday starting 30 minutes after I get off work (PERFECT!). I'm planning on going to both classes. Each class lasts an hour. I'm gonna die, I just know it. I am starting this food counting thing tomorrow. I just changed my mind...I'll start counting points today to see where I'm starting from (eating what I normally would). I'd like to see that it'll make a difference right off the bat. I was on this program years ago through a work meeting. I lost 15 pounds. Those pounds have since found me again. :-( I will be going to meetings on either Tuesday or Thursday nights. I'm not sure which yet. This week I'm going to try the Tuesday class and the following week I'm going to try the Thursday class. I want to see which class I like better (they have different leaders and the people in each class will be different). I want to find a class I will feel comfortable in but will also feel inspired and motivated in. When I find the right class for me, I will be taking Yoga on the other night. That will give me 3 hours of exercise each week. I can't believe I'm even going to attempt this, but I know it will make all the difference and get me moving in the right direction. It will also be good for me to do right after work. I think it will help me relax sooner when I get home.

My biggest motivation right now seems to be a picture I have sitting on my desk at work (which is why that picture is sitting there - I'm NOT stupid). That picture has been there only this week, but it has motivated me to 1) get fed up with where I currently am and 2) take needed steps in order to lose weight. The picture was taken 10 years ago, a few months after H and I met. I was wearing a size 8/9. I was 28 years old. There's no reason I can't get back down to that size. I was well out of high school and I looked great. My weight (as I've said in earlier posts) was a defense mechanism for me. I got way too much attention at a lower weight and I didn't know how to handle it (I was extremely sheltered growing up and I was unprepared). It's now ten years later, and I'm tired of hiding. I'm tired of being fat. I'm tired of giving others control over the way I feel about my body (just thought you'd want to know). These are my reasons. I also want to be able to play with K and NN/N as much as possible without being winded or tired. I want to be a good example for them and I want to be around to see them grown with children of their own.

With the foods I eat each day (and will post here), I will no longer be putting down the calorie count. I will start writing down the points value for the foods and the exercise points I've achieved. I'm allowed 25 points per day with an additional 35 points I can also use each week (but no carrying to the next week). The fewer of the 35 I use, the more weight I will lose. Also, the more exercise points I've achieved, the more weight I'll lose if I don't consume food in it's place (which is acceptable). They have another plan (called the core plan) where you eat core foods without counting points. I need the structure of the points, but others don't. It's very interesting.

My exercise goal for this week is 12 points (that's 4 points per class at moderate exercise level). Meaning I'll start to sweat after 10 minutes. I have a feeling I may sweat before then. If I start to sweat between 3-5 minutes, it's considered high intensity and I earn more points. :-) I'll just have to wait and see what these classes are considered once I get started. I have a feeling the aerobics will be high while the yoga will either be low or moderate. Whichever way it is, I think 12 points is a good place to at least put my goal and then see how it goes. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Manda Girl said...

I'm here, I'm here!! Sorry, I was thinking about you this morning and thinking how I haven't been posting (or thinking) about calories and such these last few days. No real reason - I haven't given up!

That's so amazing that you are getting involved with WW and doing Yoga. My work has a yoga thing that they have set up and I think I am going to join the next set of classes. Something to keep me active.

Keep letting us know about how your doing :) Ya - jerry has taken over the blog and I don't get as much time on the computer - but I have been trying to do things around the house while he is blogging. Cleaning/crafts/organizing/reading.

I'm glad work is going well too! Have fun at the game today!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

I was the dishwasher growing up, too, and the dishwasher at my house today? Still. Is. Me. *sigh*

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Couldn't figure out how to email a reply by back to your comment. ;-)