Sunday, November 25, 2007

WooHoo...back from 'rents

'Rents in this case is my parents. We had a pretty good Thanksgiving if you consider my mom trying to guilt me EVERY chance she got about the fact that we will be spending Christmas with H's parents. Hello! We've only been doing this since K was born (almost 5 years ago). This weekend was the best guilt trip she's ever given me. Too bad, it didn't work. K and now K2 are the closest things we will have to children of our own. We love to spend Christmas morning with them so we can see K open his gifts. Mom whined that Christmas is no longer her favorite holiday because she doesn't get to spend it with her kids. Very calmly, I told her that since she gets to spend Thanksgiving with me, she and Dad should fly to G's house so they can spend Christmas with them and watch their ONLY grandchildren open their gifts. hahaha! I put it right back on them and G and diverted any guilt from my vicinity. Every time she mentioned us coming for Christmas or not spending Christmas with them, I let her know that it isn't fair for H's family to not have us with them for one of the two biggest holidays of the year.

I know that I mentioned in an earlier post that Christmas is no longer my favorite holiday. After stating that, I actually did a little Christmas shopping and for once in a LONG time, I actually found myself looking forward to Christmas again. Since being out of the Christmas spirit for many years, I never really had a favorite holiday. I really looked forward to Valentine's Day each year, but ended up being disappointed year after year, so I no longer had a "favorite" holiday. I think Christmas is wiggling it's way back into my heart and becoming my favorite again. I'm actually contemplating decorating the house and putting up a tree this year. Hell may freeze over yet. :-)

Until later...

No comments: