Friday, November 09, 2007

TGIF!!!

Since it's Friday and my theme this month is lists, here is a meme I just found the other day. *Warning - there are 43 questions, but the answers are worth reading and it's Friday, so you have the time. :-) If you play, let me know in my comments and I will check out your blog.

1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? Dove
2. Do you have watermelon in your refrigerator? Nope
3. What would you change about your living room? It needs to be uncluttered. I’d also add a chair rail and change the rug
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Clean – it takes me forever to unload it. It normally doesn’t happen until I need clean dishes. I’ll unload the dishes, reload the dishwasher, run a load, and take the dishes out as we use them. I’m terrible. Sorry. Now you know.
5. What is in your fridge? Apples, grapes, water, caffeine-free diet coke, eggs, laughing cow cheese, and other healthy foods. We do have hotdogs and a few things that we actually aren’t eating and need to get rid of because we are both trying to eat healthier.
6. White or wheat bread? Whole wheat. My favorite is actually a seven grain bread or wheat-berry bread. Sourdough is always good, too.
7. What is on top of your refrigerator? A large roasting pan, saran wrap, aluminum foil, snack size baggies, sandwich baggies, freezer paper, and freezer bags
8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? Navy blue with yellow, green, and purple flowers in the master; sea foam green and slate blue with a leaf motif.
9. How many plants are in your home? 0 What are they again?
10. Is your bed made right now? Nope, but the covers are pulled up to the pillows (on my side at least)
11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Comet
12. Is your closet organized? The clothes that are in there are organized. Shirts by sleeve length and color going from no sleeves to long sleeves. Suits are by size (the ones I can wear to the front others to the back by size). Shirts I wear to work are on the bottom rack and those I wear only on the weekends are up above – same organization as listed previously. God! I’m anal and never realized it before.
13. Can you describe your flashlight? That’s the cylinder thingy that glows at one end, right? I have no idea what ours looks like or where it is. I’m sure we have one somewhere, though…maybe
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic at home? Mostly plastic cups, occasionally I’ll drink from an aluminum can, and rarely (when I’m in the mood) I’ll drink from a glass – when I don’t mind washing it and putting it in the dishwasher or when I just want to feel special (I haven’t needed to do that in quite some time though).
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? nope
16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? Absolutely
17. Curtains or blinds? Blinds
18. How many pillows do you sleep with? I sleep with one; H sleeps with 2
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? We sleep with a night light on in the bathroom but our bedroom door is closed. Because of my grandfather and childhood, I have always been afraid of the dark. That hasn’t changed and I really don’t see it changing any time soon although I have gotten better over the years.
20. How often do you vacuum? I don’t because of allergies. H does it and not very often.
21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Battery powered
22. What color is your toothbrush? Pink
23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? I have a mat on my porch but it does NOT say “welcome” and it never will. Haha!
24. What is in your oven right now? The racks that are supposed to be there, duh. 25. Did you think I hid dirty dishes in there? Actually, I do when I know company is coming and I don’t feel like washing them (it’s usually the things like cookie sheets and broiler pans that don’t fit well in the dishwasher)
26. Is there anything under your bed? Do dust bunnies count?
27. Chore you hate the most? Putting away the laundry (this has gotten better since we moved a dresser into the laundry room for our socks and undergarments and hang our shirts/pants on the rack between the washer and dryer). I also hate to wash the tub (it kills my back)
28. What retro items are in your home? Our stereo
29. Do you have a separate room you use as an office? We used to use it as an office, now it’s become storage until we clean it out
30. How many mirrors are in your home? 4 – One in the small bathroom, two in the large (one of which is a floor length), one small sun/moon mirror in the bedroom that is really too small to even look into
31. Do you have any emergency money around your home? Nope! What’s that?
32. What color are your walls? Living room – slate blue, master bedroom – burgundy (for now), small bedroom #1 – sea foam green, small bedroom #2 – dark purple and lavender stripes (my dad says it’s like being in a circus tent (WHATEVER!), small bathroom – same color as living room, large bathroom (in transition) – dark green and yellow, small hallway – dark purple, kitchen (in transition) – ugly-ass beigy mauve that was the original color when we moved into the house. They mixed the wrong color, but since it took us FOREVER to get the paint in the first place, we decided we would keep it and re-paint all the rooms as soon as we moved in (we’ve now been in the house for 9 years!) and I’ve just recently changed some of the rooms.
33. What does your home smell like right now? Steak (I broiled tonight)
34. Favorite candle scent? Pear
35. What kind of pickles are in your fridge right now? Vlasic and Claussen Dill as well as a little sweet relish
36. Ever been on your roof? Hell No!
37. Do you own a stereo? Yep, in the bedroom (it even has a turn table on top – see #27)
38. How many TV’s do you have? 2, but we only watch 1 because the cable box doesn’t work in the bedroom
39. How many phones are in your home? 2 cell phones
40. Do you have a housekeeper? My husband thinks that’s what I am, but the clutter in my home will tell you differently
41. What style do you decorate in? There’s supposed to be a style? I am so screwed!
42. Do you like solid colors in your furniture or prints? Solid colors
43. Is there a smoke detector in your home? We have 4 (1 in each of the three bedrooms and 1 in the hall not 5 feet from two of the bedrooms)

Have a great weekend!

Guess what? October 2 marked my 2 year BLOGIVERSARY! How did I miss it? I must have been having way too much fun. My how the time does fly. :-) Until Later...

No comments: