Thursday, November 29, 2007

Slow times at work

Our busiest time of the year is now past and we are entering the slowest time of our year. We are on a fiscal calendar, so we are in the middle of our year. We will be slow from now until the middle/end of March and will then be busy until this time next year. I started working with this group last January so I have been there through part of the slow time and the entire busy part of the year. I have learned to enjoy the slow times because the busy times can get stressful and packed.

We ahve been so slow that I'm lucky if the phone rings 5 times in an entire day. Seriously. In most jobs, when it gets slow like this, I get bored and ready to move on. I haven't had any inclination to move on to something else which shows me that I am exactly where I need to be. I am content here and, for me, that's a GREAT thing.

Until later...

No comments: