Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday

I was tagged by Contemplator at Dante's Virgil to make a list of classes I would like to take to fix my life. The rules are simple: "Devise a list of 5-10 courses you would take to fix your life. It's more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one class from the person who tagged you that you'd also like to take. Tag five."

 

So, here's my list:

 

  1. Ancient Religions 101 – this is the class of Contemplator's that I would like to sit in on partly because I have already taken the "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and to be honest, I didn't get a whole lot out of it either. I chose this class off her list (even though I really was interested in her other classes as well but sadly, I would have to be in the beginner classes and her classes are too advanced for me) because growing up with religion, I really had a lot of questions. I think it would be great to actually start at the beginning of religion and really understand them. It seems to me that this is the ONE thing in this life that everyone seems to feel is important, but they all think theirs is the ONLY REAL RELIGION and I just don't believe that.
  2. Comparative Religions – because of the same reason I have for wanting to take Ancient Religions 101. I'd like to compare the religions and see where the different religions differ and just how similar they really are at their core.
  3. Classical Mythology – isn't this where religion really began? I'd like to find out.
  4. Personality – I'd love to figure out why people act the way they do, what makes them tick, and how to adjust myself to those different personalities. I also think this will help me keep from taking things personally when people act bitchy.
  5. Psychology of Social Behavior – For the same reason as I'd like to take Personality.
  6. Philosophy of Religion – This pretty much speaks for itself especially if you've read my blog for ANY length of time.
  7. The History of Christianity – again…do you see a trend here? I am obviously trying to find my own path. I know what I believe, but I don't really have a label for it and that's what I'm really searching for. I'm looking for the name of the religion that fits my belief system and I realize that there may not be one out there that fits my beliefs. I'm okay with that, I just need to know.

So, I think these classes will definitely strengthen my life. I don't think they will "fix" my life, because even though I have been through a lot, and at times I've felt broken, my life is NOT broken and doesn't need fixing. I've lived through it all and I am the person I am today because of what I have gone through and the choices I have made in dealing with those circumstances. I'm strong, trusting, sweet, and naïve even through it all. I think that's a HUGE accomplishment and doesn't need to be "fixed".

 

Now, to tag my five:

 

  1. Amanda – we seem to have a lot in common and I'm interested in the classes you feel could help in your life. You have always been extremely supportive of everything I have ever blogged about and I appreciate you.
  2. RadioactiveJam – You're so creative, I would love to see the classes you come up with. I bet they're along the lines of Contemplator's choices (you know, made up and shit). You have also been very supportive of me and have kept me going on days when I've wanted to quit. I love your wit and sense of humor as only your fiends and minions could.
  3. Tysgirl – You completely crack me up and let me feel "safe" to show/share my more sarcastic/mean side (especially regarding your SIL). Your photography is absolutely amazing and you are such an encouragement to me.
  4. Formerly Known as 'Anonymous Army Wife' – Your strength encourages me. I would love to see the classes you would take. Are they classes you're already planning on taking? I wonder.
  5. Miranda's Window Dressing – We share the same birthday, and she was one of the very first blogs I ever stalked…I mean read.

 

NaBloPoMo – 11 days down, 29 to go. Don't you just love this count down? Ha! I'm so afraid that I'm gonna get the numbers wrong. Hope you had a great weekend.

 

Until later…



4 comments:

mama biscuit said...

Thanks :) Unfortunately, being assosciated with me might just earn you a seat in hell. Are ya sure it's worth it :)

Kari said...

LOL. I think I'll risk that. :-)

contemplator said...

Thanks for doing the meme! I really appreciated getting to read your answers.

Bill C said...

I don't think I've ever seen one quite like this. Novelty! Woohoo!

Sorry. In addition to being easily amused I'm kind of excitable. But I will be happy to Tackle This Meme, and probably soon. I'll let you know when.

(thanks!)