Friday, November 02, 2007

TGIF!!!

WooHoo! Today is Friday. I do not have to work tomorrow. We will be going to Cracker Barrel for dinner tonight. Those are just a few reasons why I “thank God it’s Friday” and I thought I would share my reasons with you.

Next Friday, I will not be as lucky. I will be working an extra 3 hours on Friday and working about 5 hours on Saturday starting at 7:15 in the morning. That is going to be one llooonnnnggg week and a VERY short weekend. Thankfully, I get compensated for my time and I will be able to use those hours to take off at another date. The only bad part of working on Friday is that it is a dinner and there really isn’t much I can eat. There will be pork tenderloin and beef, but depending on how it’s cooked depends on whether I can eat it. There will be three-bean salad, which I detest. There will be a regular salad I can eat and baby carrots in herbed butter I can eat, but I will need to count the points for the butter.

I already have plans for being off of work the day before Thanksgiving and the Monday following Thanksgiving. I already get the Thursday and Friday off. I will be able to use comp time for the majority that time off and only use about 5 hours of my vacation time. WooHoo! I also have a meeting on December 1 that I will be comp’d for and I will be using that time instead of vacation time for the last day of December off. I’ve got to say, I’m pretty happy about that. As things stand now, we are planning a trip to Disney World in May to meet friends from Canada that we met online gaming. Since I have this comp time to use now, I can save my vacation time for that trip because I have to accrue my time before I can take it. I’m really looking forward to the trip. I’ve never been to Disney World. I practically grew up in Disney Land, though. Ah! What happy times. Supposedly the Magic Kingdom in Disney World is laid out the same as Disney Land. That’s cool, ‘cause I practically have Disney Land memorized including all the back ways to get to the rides and bathrooms. I am one well prepared chick. Haha!

NaBloPoMo - 2 down, 28 to go. :-) Until later...

1 comment:

Roam2Rome said...

Ah, TGIF from work but no such thing in NaBloPoMo! Seeee you tomorrow! :)