Thursday, November 15, 2007

Emerging

Thanks so much for your emails, kind words, and encouragement. After posting yesterday and talking with H more, I felt MUCH better about everything. We both did.

 

We have realized that our problem isn't a lack of love or trust, it's a matter of not understanding or knowing what the other person needs or what the other person is saying (or trying to say in some cases). The weight was lifted from my shoulders after reading this article from Men's Magazine. It really helped me and H both understand what it is that we're going through by talking without really getting the meaning across. This made us realize that we are both trying to understand, we just need to be a little more patient with each other as we’re figuring out this stage in our lives/relationship. I linked the article because, well, my blog is all about helping others who might be going through the same issues or circumstances that I’m going through – trying to show that no one is alone when going through problems or bad situations.

 

H and I know that we are both going to change and continue to change throughout the years. We've been together for 12 years (married for almost 11 now). We just have to figure out each other during those times of change. Right now, we just happen to be going through one of those changes and trying to figure each other out again along with what the other person happens to need at this time in our relationship.

 

Thanks again for your support and advice. I really do appreciate it and you.

 

I’ve heard stories recently from people I know that they’ve have been verbally abused, felt unloved, etc. in the course of their lives. It saddens me to find out someone else has gone through situations that are similar to mine because I know what I have gone through emotionally because of those situations. It also helps me to realize that I am not alone, not the only one, and that just because these things happened to me doesn't mean that I am a terrible person or that I deserved those situations. It's so easy sometimes to feel like a victim with everything we go through in the course of a lifetime. For me, knowing that these things happen to other people as well makes me realize that these things are not MY problem but the problem of the person perpetuating the situation. If it were just my problem, these things wouldn't happen to other people, too.

 

If you happen to be going through a tough time right now, hang in there. You are NOT alone.

 

Until later…

No comments: