Monday, November 26, 2007

Health Update

Today is Monday. I am still not back to work. That starts tomorrow. I had my doctor appointment this morning for my female problems. That was not fun, but the good news is that it didn't take too long.

The bad news is an either/or kind of deal. Either way, I have to get a biopsy of my uterus in January. I asked if it was important enough for me to come back sooner than that and they assured me it wasn't. That tells me it is probably NOT uteran cancer which is one thing the biopsy will determine. They did a pelvic exam this morning and everything felt good, looked fine, and seemed regular so that tells me (and them) it is probably the second option. The second option is that I am starting the change to menopause. WooHoo! (that's sarcasm by the way - at least partially) I haven't even hit 39 yet (happens in about 3 weeks, but that's beside the point).

I know you all really didn't want to hear all of this (too much information and all). I knew starting to go through the change in my late 30's was a possibility a few years ago because both my mom and grandma started going through all of this in their late 30's. I can live with going through this change as long as my hormones stay in whack as much as possible. I've got enough problems with the chemical imbalance. I can't imagine life with overworked hormones as well. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I'm not even worried about it.

So, January 21 is the big day for the biopsy (a holiday at work so at least I don't have to use any of my time to do this - that's a plus). They are telling me this is going to be extremely painful. She said it is worse than the worst cramps I've ever experienced. Just great! Lately, when I have cramps, I can't get rid of them, I can't function, and they kill me All.Day.Long.Without.Relief. I am really looking forward to that (again...sarcasm). I have asked H to come with me. If iti is as bad as they say, I may not be able to drive home. After writing this post, I may ask for the 22nd off from work as a sick day in case I have a really bad day on the 21st. That may be the smartest move I can make.

Until later...

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

I've had that procedure done and it's not fun. I didn't end up getting too bad of cramps and was ok by the end of the day. I hope things go ok!!!