Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Today is Friday...Wait, it's NOT!

It may be Tuesday on the calendar, but to me, it’s Friday. WooHoo! Today is my last day of work until NEXT Tuesday. I’m so excited.

 

I haven’t seen my parents since Mom’s birthday in August. This will also be the first time we have seen them since Mom and I started Weight Watchers. I’m hoping they see a difference in me and I really hope I see one in Mom. She is afraid there hasn’t been much of a change, so she isn’t even trying on her smaller size clothes. I don’t want her to get discouraged, so I REALLY hope I see a difference.

 

 I have no idea what to give for Christmas gifts this year. We usually do Christmas with my parents the Saturday after Thanksgiving since that will be the last time we see them this year, but Mom doesn’t want to do that this year. I think she’s hoping that we will come up there for Christmas if we don’t have it together around Thanksgiving. I have told her numerous times that we spend Thanksgiving with her and Dad (partly because it’s also my dad’s birthday and it isn’t fair to be there around hers without being there around his) and that we spend Christmas with K and H’s family. K and K2 are the closest we will probably ever come to children of our own. Hello! Why wouldn’t we want to be there for them instead of taking the chance of extremely bad weather for traveling that we don’t enjoy driving in?

 

These are my thoughts for Christmas gifts (so far). Keep in mind that ALL my relatives live OUT.OF.STATE.

 

G and M – Tub of Popcorn

Grandpa – cash (he is the HARDEST person to shop for and if he gets a gift card, he gets confused and thinks the store is cheating him. Seriously).

W, A, and B – gift cards to Toys ‘R’ Us (these will be sent to G and M who will pick gifts out for the kids and have them wrapped and under the tree from H and me).

Hubby – I found two great things for him from Target. I know that he doesn’t want us to spend a lot of money this year since we are trying to pay off debt, so I will probably but them both now but only give him one for Christmas and the other for our anniversary (in March).

Friends – Tub of Popcorn for the family to enjoy

Dad – Something to do with fishing (that’s his hobby and what he enjoys doing ALL.THE.TIME – the man has his own pond in his backyard that he fishes almost every day). I’m going during lunch today to pick up a birthday present for him. Wish me luck.

K – no clue (this kid has everything he could possibly want plus that much more). I’m sure we’ll find something. He’s really into Transformers, Power Rangers, Thomas the Train, and Scooby Doo right now.

K2 – Probably some really cute clothes (she’s not even 1 so, she won’t know the difference) and a rattle or teether of some sort (she’ll be needing that soon).

H’s family – they rank right up there with my Grandfather for the HARDEST people to shop for. I think part of that is because they really don’t want anything. They are the most content people I have EVER met. I would love to do something special for them. They have done so much for me. H and I never know what to get them or what to do for them.

Mom – I have no clue. This woman has more hobbies than you can throw a stick at, but she’s NEVER satisfied with anything. She buys everything she could possibly want, so I’m usually at a loss for her as well. Normally, you can’t go wrong buying her See’s candy, but now that she’s on Weight Watchers, candy is OUT!!!

Grandma – This woman loves making quilts, but she has just about EVERY book out there on quilts and I have no clue which one she doesn’t have or if there even is one she doesn’t have. I could buy her a bunch of material for her “next” quilt (there is ALWAYS a next quilt by the way). Grandma does love her sweets, though. I could NEVER go wrong buying her See’s “Soft Centers”. That might be what she gets this year. She means so much to me, that sometimes a box of candy just doesn’t say enough. She has been my rock my entire life. She is the one person (before meeting H) that I could count on and completely trust in her love. When she passes away, I will be at a loss and completely shattered and heart broken.

 

No comments: