Monday, October 08, 2007

Monday

Mondays lately have been great. I may not be able to get out of bed in the morning without hitting the snooze button 2-3 times, but they're not too bad all in all. Work starts at 8, but we have a staff meeting at 8:30 that lasts until 9:30-10 sometimes later depending on what's going on. Lunch is at 12:30, so my mornings go extremely quickly. Sometimes, it's hard to keep up with everything I need to do in the morning. Today was one of those days. I even forgot to eat my breakfast until 10:30 this morning.

Sometimes, Monday afternoons can go pretty slowly, but never to the point where I'm bored, restless, or the days go extremely slow. For me, this is great. Normally, I get bored in a job after about 6 months and I'm ready to move on to something else (even if it's just another department within the same company). I've been in this position for 9 months now and I haven't had that feeling once. WooHoo! Maybe I have finally found the right job for me.

On another note, I love my Corolla. It's a 4-cylinder, but it drives like a 6 or 8-cylinder. I have to say...this is the first 4-cylinder I have ever owned. The first few thousand miles (you know, the ones where you aren't supposed to take the car above 55mph so the engine gets nice and primed) KILLED me. I hated those miles. I was ready to go! I bought a red car. It was my first brand new car and I couldn't even drive it (okay, in all fairness, I could drive it, but driving below the speed limit just goes against the grain for me. It's like nails on a chalk board). It took me a while to get used to the lack of power. Lately, I think my corolla has adjusted to my way of driving. I can drive the wheels off this sucker. It's great! I beat other cars off the line at a stop light without even trying. My car has definitely adjusted to my way of driving instead of my driving adjusting to the lack of cylinders. WooHoo!

I guess it's the racing in my blood that has me driving like this. I don't know how else to explain it. I really do have racing in my blood (I swear!). Both of my uncles on my mom's side raced stock cars the whole time I was growing up. Every year on vacation, we'd go to whichever track they were racing (N. CA, or S. OR whichever track was running that night - some weekends we went to both tracks) and watch them race; we even watched them fix the cars up before the race or the day after the race. It was great! I loved it. I was even able to ride around the track with one of my uncles driving top speed. It was fantastic! Bobby Allison even drove one of my uncles cars in a race one time. I wish I could have been there to see it, but it wasn't during one of our vacations. :-( That would have been some memory.

Friday, I found myself making a lane change that rivaled some of the runs you see on NASCAR (you know, where you're in one lane and quickly switch to the other barely squeezing between the car in front of you and the car directly behind you). I couldn't believe I actually did that on the road. Thankfully, I was only going about 45mph because the limit was 40. The only other time I've ever made one of those lane changes was when I was playing one of those NASCAR driving games in the mall. I so rocked! I placed ahead of every man in our party (including my dad and brother). It was AWESOME! Anyway, I love my red Corolla. Anyway, I've been pretty shocked lately to find out that my car has adjusted to me instead of the other way around. I never knew that could or would happen. I'm happy about it, but I think that goes without saying. :-)

Until later...

No comments: