Thursday, October 18, 2007

I need to remember to say, “And good morning to you, too”

I need to remember to say, “And good morning to you, too” to SUB. :-) She came in my building this morning. She said "hello" or "good morning" to MIO and NGIO, put mail in the mail tray ON MY DESK (so hello! She sees me sitting BEHIND MY DESK), picked up yesterday’s mail OFF MY DESK asking me (this is the first she’s spoken to me or even looked at me today) if the other mail belonged to EA, and went to talk to MB. When she saw that MB was not in her office, she turns to me and says, “Where is she?” I REALLY need to remember to say at moments like these, “And good morning to you, too.” LOL

It's not bothering me that she isn't saying hello because I know it's just because she's a BITCH and doesn't know how to treat people, but I AM going to enjoy this. That's my plan for tomorrow.

Once again, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and ASSUME (Ass-U-Me?) that she's never really worked with secretaries before. EVERYBODY knows if you want something done in an office and you want it professional to give it to a secretary. The people who have the ear of the bosses is the person working the closest with them on a daily basis. Guess what? That's the secretary. I'm going to start enjoying my role a little more now that I know it's just who she is, maybe see if I can teach an old dog new tricks - like general manners and pleasantries. HAR!HAR!HAR!

Until later...

No comments: