Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Darn it!

I’ve been doing so well blogging every day and I missed yesterday. Sorry. I’ve actually been trying to make it a habit to blog every day especially since I have joined NaBloPoMo which starts next week.

Anyway, WWAWP update. Keep in mind that I ate like a fiend this past weekend. I stayed pretty close to my points and didn’t go over by much. Some of the stuff I ate was REALLY hard to figure out the points, but I did the best I could. I may not have made healthy choices, but I did make choices to eat less than I would have when I wasn’t on Weight Watchers. I still lost. WooHoo! I lost .4 pounds, but it is still a loss so I can’t and won’t complain about it.

This program has been VERY good for me. I have become extremely aware of what I eat and the choices I make. Now if I can only get into an exercise regimen, I’d be doing great. We have an elliptical trainer at home. The problem for me is that you are moving your body weight and I don’t have the stamina to stay on the damn thing more than 5 minutes at a time. Five minutes a day is still pretty good when you consider it’s better than nothing. Eventually, I should be able to stay on longer each week if I keep it up. I think I’ll start with that when I get home from work tonight. It’s not like I have to move it or pull it out or anything. I’m just too lazy to get my fat ass off the sofa and away from the TV long enough to do it.

H and I will be going grocery shopping tonight as soon as he gets home from work. I get home about 30 minutes before he does, so I can get on the machine during that time. Last night, I finally got off my lazy butt and colored my hair. I have needed to do that for about a month now. I just haven’t done it. We’ve been busy, I’ve been tired, or I just didn’t feel like doing my hair at that time. It only takes 35 minutes from start to finish, but there are nights that I didn’t want to mess with wet hair, so I put it off until another day. My hair is now a dark brown which is really close to my natural hair that shows when my roots grow out. The only difference is that now I have covered the GRAY! Yep, I’ve got ‘em in spades! I get it from my paternal grandmother.

She was salt/pepper (mostly salt) before she was 42. I will be 39 later this year, so I know where I get the gray. I’ve had some gray in my hair since I was 16, but now it is much more noticeable and I just can’t have that. I always remembered thinking that my grandma was old when in reality, she was close to my age when I was born, but she was already mostly white. Since I thought she was old looking back at the pictures and from my memory, I didn’t want people to have that same impression of me, so I’ve been coloring my hair for quite some time now.

I have always tried to closely match my natural hair color so it will look as natural as possible. Thankfully, the grays don’t take color quite as well as the rest, so it looks like I have a few different shades in my hair which looks most natural. I have noticed that my roots are getting extremely dark compared to what they were years ago so I have gone from a medium brown to a dark brown hair color.

So that’s my update and what I should have blogged about yesterday. Until later...

No comments: