Sunday, October 21, 2007

Life Choices this Weekend

Okay, so you know how Weight Watchers has you keep track of what you eat and how many points each food is worth? Well, Friday, I accidentally left my "QuikTrak System" at work on my desk. It's actually inside my daytimer which I left at work by accident.

Thankfully, I knew how many points I had left for Friday and we were planning on going to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Since I get the "vegetable platter," I knew exactly how many points I needed for dinner (1 for the green beans, 1 for the baby carrots, 1 for the applesauce, and 3 for the macaroni and cheese - what!? I can't be perfect all the time). Normally, the green beans and carrots are free, but since they seem to be cooked in oil or butter, I subtract one point for each just to be on the safe side and I have them keep the bread in the back so I'm not tempted.

So, Saturday, I did my best to write down everything I ate along with the amount of points each was worth. These foods included a Subway 6-inch Turkey and Ham with a bag of BBQ Baked Lays. We went to a college football game that afternoon (we actually got there at the end of the first quarter and left at the end of the third quarter because my BIL and H's cousin had to work a party at the family restaurant). I really didn't eat much at the game. I had less than a handful of popcorn and a bite of a hotdog. That bite of hotdog put me into heaven. It was that good.

The party was for a close friend of H's family. He took a trip to Laos a few months ago. He had a cut on his leg before he left and because they have different viruses than we do, his leg became extremely infected. He has been on his back or in a hospital for the past 4 months. He is finally up and walking around again (he had to learn to walk all over again). This party was in celebration of him getting better and to bestow a blessing on him and his family for continued good health and healing.

At the party, I had 1 fried chicken wing, 1 fried chicken drumstick, about 1/2 a cup of chicken LoMein, 3 brownie bites, 1 bite of another type of dessert, and about 1/4 cup of steamed white rice. It was VERY difficult to figure out the points for all of that, but I don't think I went too far over my points for the day. Actually, I anticipate that I went over by about 5 points. Since I had used less than 10 of my extra 35 points for the week up until this point, I'm in pretty good shape (besides, those 35 points gets started again on Wednesday).

For the past few weeks, I have been CRAVING Munchkins from Dunkin Donuts. I have especially been wanting the blueberry cake Munchkins. So today, after eating about 1/2 cup of potato salad, we went to Subway for lunch before hitting Dunkin Donuts. Sadly, they were out of the blueberry cake Munchkins, but at least they had the glazed chocolate cake, the powered sugar, the cinnamon sugar, and the jelly filled Munchkins. I have already had 3 of the glazed chocolate cake Munchkins and 3 of the Jelly filled Munchkins. Yeah, I've gone over my points for the day, but I'm still far from using just over half of my 35 extra points for the week.

This is actually the first time I have really had a rough time while on Weight Watchers, but I have found that I am still making pretty good choices especially when it comes to how much I am eating. I love the fact that there is no food off limits or "bad" I just need to know how many points to attribute to each food. Before Weight Watchers, I would have had 2 regular size donuts today; and yesterday, I would have had a whole bucket of popcorn and a whole hotdog at the game. I also would have eaten a whole lot more at the party. I may not have made good choices when it came to what I ate this weekend, but I did make good choices in regards to how much I ate. I still did pretty well and am still proud of myself.

I hope you all have a great week. Until later...

No comments: