Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy Hump Day!!!

My good blog-friend Manda has started what she calls "Hooray for Hump Day." To read her reasoning, follow this link.

I really like her reasoning. She's right. There are times that I do use this space to blow off steam, to bitch, to moan and groan about whatever may be bothering me at the moment. There are times I use this space to help me put things into perspective and to get a better understanding of life's issues.

So...this week, 3 good things that happened to me:

1. I was able to cross my legs like a normal woman for the first time in years on Thursday. Normally, I have been crossing my legs with my ankle over my knee like a man, I cross them at the ankles, or I don't cross them at all. I don’t have to do that any more. WooHoo!

2. My size 18 pants are baggy on me – sadly, I am currently in between sizes because my 16s are still a little too tight, but at least I can get them zipped, buttoned, and buckled; they just don't look pretty.

3. Lost 3 pounds this week for a total of 11 pounds. I am now below 190 pounds. WooHoo!

I can't wait to get back down to where I was when I met H 11 years ago. I was 28 years old, so there is no realistic reason that I cannot meet that goal. I wore a size 8 and looked HHOOOOTTT! Not to toot my own horn, but I got much more attention than I EVER wanted when I was that size (which is part of the reason I gained my weight). I was sexually harrassed at work and VERY uncomfortable with all the attention even though I had always been that size. I had moved out of CA, and the men treated me in a manner much different from what I was used to (I had been extremely sheltered all my life up to that point). I had no idea how to handle the situation I found myself in and got scared. I ended up trying to hide by gaining weight. You know, people REALLY do treat you differently and tend to overlook you completely when you're overweight (which is an extremely sad commentary on our society).

Anyway, so those are the 3 happy things that happened to me this past week.

Until next week...

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I can vouch for the fact that people treat overweight people differently than skinny people. At my lowest weight (right at the end of my weightloss saga) I went into this clothing store and the saleswomen were all over me asking if I needed help. When I was fat, they wouldn't do that. And the women at work either totally ignored my great accomplishment or they told me I was too skinny and I was going to die if I didn't gain some back. They were just jealous.