Thursday, October 04, 2007

Great Day!

Today was a great day (for the most part). Crappy news first...

SUB was up to her old tricks again. There are a few ways to pull up information in our system. I use one way, SUB uses another. Every time I can't find something and she can, she tells me that I "need" to look it up in the other format becuase I can pull it up in many different ways. I told her that I can do that in my screen, too, but it is a new feature that I keep forgetting about. Oh well, so I had to ask her to look something up for me. Woop tee doo! I don't mind asking her to do that even if she did have a lot on her plate. She adds stuff to me all the time and acts as though I don't do anything. How little she knows about my job. Yes, I may answer the phones. Yes, I may give tasks to the student workers to complete. Yes, I take ALL reservations for EVERY one of our events including getting payment for each reservation. What takes me the most time is putting profiles together for the VIPs so they will know important information before they actually need it. The other thing that takes me a LOT of time is looking up each person that makes a reservation in our system and verifying that the information they just gave me is the information in our system. If it isn't, I have to highlight the items that need updated so I can send it all to the person that updates our database. Those two things keep me EXTREMELY busy and we are in our busiest time of the year. I currently have 5 events just for this month and 3 for next month that are actually VERY intensive because each person that registers can actually register for about 5 different things in EACH event. Whatever!

Now that I understand that she's just a BITCH by nature, the things she pulls really doesn't bother me that much. I understand her now and I actually enjoy seeing her play the bitch role sometimes (actually, I just like seeing her flustered and trying to push her "knowledge" around like she's a big shot because in my mind, she's anything but). She gets so frustrated and I'm starting to enjoy seeing it even if I end up causing it a few times a month and she aggravates me a bit. I just remind myself that she's overcompensating for her lack of a real life. Does that make me a bitch? Not that I'm going to change. Hey, if she's gonna give me a hard time, I'm gonna have some fun with it and enjoy it occasionally. :-)

Okay...now for the GREAT news...I was sitting in MB's office today. She and I were the only two in either of our buildings the entire afternoon. We had a good afternoon. :-) We were talking in her office and I automatically crossed my legs. I know that's not such a big deal and it happens every day. What's new for me is that I actually crossed them the way a woman crosses her legs. I haven't been able to do that in years! This is one of my "losing weight" goals. I wanted to be able to cross my legs in a feminine fashion again. I realized that I crossed my legs. I looked down and said "whoa!" MB asked what I was talking about. I told her that I actually crossed my legs the way I used to and how it was one of my goals. I was so excited. She looked at me and said, "You're pissing me off. I'm gonna have to start Weight Watchers myself." Ha Ha! People at work are starting to notice my weight loss. I'm so excited.

The other bit of great news is that all my pants are getting very baggy on me. The only problem is that I'm in between sizes right now. My 18s are baggy, but my 16s are still a bit too tight. I can button, zip, and buckle them; but the tummy bulges a wee bit too much and is a little tight in the 16s. A few more pounds off and I'll be in like flynn. WooHoo! It's nice to know that even though the scales at WWAWP aren't showing a big difference, I'm seeing a big difference in my clothes, the way I feel, and the things I'm able to do.

Get this...I was also able to sit in my chair at home, bend over, and paint my toenails without having to sit up straight for air after every 2 toes. WooHoo! That was another goal of mine. I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but it is a LOT to me.

Hope you all have a great week. Until later...

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

Congrats on the accomplishments!!! Any small goals are good to keep you motivated and the eye on the prize :)

Have a great weekend - it's our thanksgiving weekend!!