Saturday, November 25, 2006

Phone call with Dad

So...I called my dad this morning to wish him a happy birthday. I called on my mom's cell because that is their main number. She didn't answer (don't know if it was in another room or if she just refused to answer it). I called dad on his cell and had a good talk with him. I didn't mention that mom didn't answer her phone, and he didn't mention anything about yesterday, so I didn't bring it up and let it drop. I have not heard from them since.

They're going to be taking a 2 week cruise around the Hawaiian islands next week, so we said we would pick up their car so they wouldn't get charged for it staying at the airport for 2 weeks. They're flight leaves early Sunday morning. I said they were welcome to spend Saturday night at our house, then mentioned that I remembered them saying they were going to get a hotel room near the airport so they didn't have to get up so early. Mom took it that they weren't welcome at my house - whatever. Dad said today that we could meet by the airport for dinner (we still need to pick up the spare pair of keys).

So, that's the update from Thanksgiving, but it went better to some degree than I expected.

Did anyone battle traffic the day after Thanksgiving to shop? We stayed home all day. Even better, I stayed in my pajamas all day long. It was great!

No comments: